ps4 controller not working? no lights nothing?

Found 29th Dec 2015
So I got a ps4 just over 2 months ago , haven't played in over a week due to working and decided to treat myself to guitar hero last night . Now I've discovered the controller is completely dead? There is no lights , the ps button doesn't work. I've plugged it in to charge and still nothing , used a different lead still nothing. The ports seem to be working as the guitar hero dongle lights up , reset button done nothing either. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Would this still come under the guarantee or is it just the console that will be covered ? Can I get past the welcome back screen any other way? I just want to play GH ha
Community Updates
13 Comments
Banned
add a battery !
cokezone1112

add a battery !

Helpful!

U have12mth warranty, I'd use that instead of messing about. Most probably have to take all your ps4 kit back as well for a replacement.
Have you charged the controller for a couple of hours in a different USB than the PS4, i.e. PC or a mains USB charger?
This will certainly determine whether it is in fact 'dead'

Where did you purchase the PS4, if it was online Amazon etc they 'may' accept your word that it is faulty and refund you the cost of a replacement or send you a new one.

If it was a store, contact them to determine if there happy with you returning just the controller or if they want everything back, if they want everything back they may refund your total spend giving you the option to shop around for a better deal?
One controller i had i used to hve to wiggle it to get it charging also it will only charge if its in REST MODE not shut down have you checked that

Original Poster
Thanks for replies , I got it from my work so with discount it worked out pretty cheap , I've tried connecting it to a usb charger and still nothing . I've been told that I need to return the whole bundle to store , only problem is we're out of stock of the bundle at the moment which is a pain. I'm assuming there is no way I can round the welcome back screen with out hitting the ps button? Just strange how it was working fine but after sitting on the side for a week or so nothing
What about pairing it? Just an idea. U have to pair the xbox1 maybe u can with the ps4
richje100

What about pairing it? Just an idea. U have to pair the xbox1 maybe u can … What about pairing it? Just an idea. U have to pair the xbox1 maybe u can with the ps4

Ignore me, it's simply plugging the lead in and pressing the home button whilst co sole is on
Just read on Google,under the L2 button there's a hole to stick a pin unit to reset the controller. The comments online have said it's worked for a dead controller
Original Poster
richje100

Just read on Google,under the L2 button there's a hole to stick a pin … Just read on Google,under the L2 button there's a hole to stick a pin unit to reset the controller. The comments online have said it's worked for a dead controller

I saw that and gave it a go and it didn't seem to work for me for some reason, I've managed to use the guitar to get past it but for some reason now the guitar won't work on the actual game where it says press any button on guitar controller. Maybe I'm just not meant to play it haha
I'm stumped buddy . I'd take it back, if u do manage to fix it, nothing to say it won't happen again and maybe next time will be out of warranty.
Any other bundles there h can swap it for ?
Kittycats

Thanks for replies , I got it from my work so with discount it worked out … Thanks for replies , I got it from my work so with discount it worked out pretty cheap , I've tried connecting it to a usb charger and still nothing . I've been told that I need to return the whole bundle to store , only problem is we're out of stock of the bundle at the moment which is a pain. I'm assuming there is no way I can round the welcome back screen with out hitting the ps button? Just strange how it was working fine but after sitting on the side for a week or so nothing

Which store did you get it from?

If there out of stock can't they refund your full amount thus allowing you to purchase elsewhere?
Are you willing to open controller? If so battery cable may have cone loose if its been dropped,
ndksamb

Are you willing to open controller? If so battery cable may have cone … Are you willing to open controller? If so battery cable may have cone loose if its been dropped,

Problem being if he opens it, the shop won't take it back unless of course it looks no different when put back together. I do hear that the L2 and R2 triggers are a knightmare
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants