PS4 Controller Warranty Issue

Edited by:"trekstor"Found 6th Sep 2017
I have a problem with my PS4 controller where the buttons have become unresponsive. Therefore I contacted Sony to see if they can repair the problem. They agreed to fix it and requested my serial number on the controller. Having given this to them they told me that they don't have a date on their system for when it was sold to me at the store but only a manufactured date of August 2016. Since they can't identify when it was sold, they wanted me to provide them a receipt. This is where the problem is I received it as a gift in December 2016 but have no way of getting a receipt as it was purchased in store, paid for with cash and my relatives no longer have the receipt.

Is there anyone that could possibly provide me with a picture of a receipt which would only be used to establish that it is still under warranty? I would greatly appreciate if anyone could assist me with this as my son is unable to use it and Sony are being difficult despite even by the manufactured date having only gone over the 1 year mark by 6 days. Whereas by my purchase date it is still well in the 1 year warranty date.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
6 Comments

Original Poster

Gordonc19601 h, 20 m ago

Try this online method, instead. Worked for …Try this online method, instead. Worked for me.https://hardware.support.eu.playstation.com/#/

Thanks for the reply. I tried that but it goes through to create a reference number which I have to contact them with. I end up with the same problem.

It's a bit of a problem if your dates are correct. It was made last month and you received it as a gift 3 months from now? And what color is it? I have a receipt for one I think somewhere but it definitely says the color on the receipt.

Original Poster

AndrewRoss7 m ago

It's a bit of a problem if your dates are correct. It was made last month …It's a bit of a problem if your dates are correct. It was made last month and you received it as a gift 3 months from now? And what color is it? I have a receipt for one I think somewhere but it definitely says the color on the receipt.

I just noticed that haha. Thanks for pointing it out. August 2016 and December 2016***

Mine is black, with my luck right now, yours will be a completely different colour.

Yes your luck is out as I only buy weird colored things, I looked online and couldn't find anything that would help you. Receipt I have that is about that age is grey blue Hope you get it at sorted

Original Poster

AndrewRoss13 h, 33 m ago

Yes your luck is out as I only buy weird colored things, I looked online …Yes your luck is out as I only buy weird colored things, I looked online and couldn't find anything that would help you. Receipt I have that is about that age is grey blue Hope you get it at sorted

I'm hoping there will be someone out of the 1.5million users on the site that would be able to help me out.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions