PS4 corrupted app deletion?

Posted 9th Oct
I have recently got a refurbished ps4 but on there, there is corrupted data which seems to be gamer room or something like that.
I've tried deleting it but can't seem to be able to.
Any suggestions ?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

7 Comments
A full factory reset maybe needed.
Edited by: "Munch1981" 9th Oct
Try rebuilding the database in safe mode, if that fails then a reinstallation of the system software....guide from Sony to do such.....

playstation.com/en-…-4/
Just do a factory reset and start over again.
It was reset when I got it and I just downloaded a few free games so if I do a factory reset will the games eg. fortnite be deleted?
gill2109/10/2019 12:56

It was reset when I got it and I just downloaded a few free games so if I …It was reset when I got it and I just downloaded a few free games so if I do a factory reset will the games eg. fortnite be deleted?

I have already said in a previous post, try rebuilding the database in safe mode, if that fails then a reinstallation of the system software will be necessary...I also provided a link.

Going forward, if you already have corrupted data it is better to get it sorted afresh now even if you have to redownload those games...otherwise you could be leading in the future to save data corruption.
cicobuff09/10/2019 13:45

I have already said in a previous post, try rebuilding the database in …I have already said in a previous post, try rebuilding the database in safe mode, if that fails then a reinstallation of the system software will be necessary...I also provided a link.Going forward, if you already have corrupted data it is better to get it sorted afresh now even if you have to redownload those games...otherwise you could be leading in the future to save data corruption.

Thanks buddy rebuilding the database has seemed to have got rid of the problem.
gill2109/10/2019 14:06

Thanks buddy rebuilding the database has seemed to have got rid of the …Thanks buddy rebuilding the database has seemed to have got rid of the problem.

Brilliant, glad that worked...always the first port of call...same with the PS3.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants