PS4 crossplay can now support any title says Sony

Posted 2nd Oct
Sony has confirmed that from a tech point of view they can now enable crossplay on any game, but they’ll start with COD: Modern Warfare.

Read more @ Metro.co.uk
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

9 Comments
Oh lord, this is good but embarresing on their half considering they down right refused to open up their platform to "protect their consumers". Fudge right off.
M0nk3h02/10/2019 22:10

Oh lord, this is good but embarresing on their half considering they down …Oh lord, this is good but embarresing on their half considering they down right refused to open up their platform to "protect their consumers". Fudge right off.

With Sony using Microsoft Azure for Cloud gaming this had to happen and yes, it is a good thing
EuroGamer03/10/2019 10:55

With Sony using Microsoft Azure for Cloud gaming this had to happen and …With Sony using Microsoft Azure for Cloud gaming this had to happen and yes, it is a good thing

Putting PS, PC and XB users together..... a good thing??
frakison03/10/2019 13:41

Between Consoles and if PC comes in to the mix, yes it is a good thing i.e. Rocket League.

With other games like COD for PC no idea if cross play with Xbox / PS4 will happen due to various reasons but, that'll be down to the Devs and if it can be done.

For example Elite Dangerous on PC is not cross play with Xbox and or PS4 due to updates that require certification from the Console Owners.
This is down to patches that are released on PC first and the versions being different to console, they do share the same background simulation, they just can't interact.
frakison03/10/2019 13:41

Xbox and PlayStation gamers have been playing together in likes of Fortnite, Dauntless, Rocket League and Paladins for sometime now. SMITE got cross-play between Xbox and PlayStation last month, with PUBG, Realm Royale and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare doing it this month. It has been going so smoothly to the point I doubt the majority even know they are playing with or against gamers on a different console.

Obviously Xbox, Switch and PC have been doing it for longer with the likes of Sea of Thieves and Minecraft.
.Yoshi.03/10/2019 18:02

Xbox and PlayStation gamers have been playing together in likes of …Xbox and PlayStation gamers have been playing together in likes of Fortnite, Dauntless, Rocket League and Paladins for sometime now. SMITE got cross-play between Xbox and PlayStation last month, with PUBG, Realm Royale and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare doing it this month. It has been going so smoothly to the point I doubt the majority even know they are playing with or against gamers on a different console.Obviously Xbox, Switch and PC have been doing it for longer with the likes of Sea of Thieves and Minecraft.

It was tongue in cheek re the ongoing fan boy arguments
EuroGamer03/10/2019 14:38

Between Consoles and if PC comes in to the mix, yes it is a good thing …Between Consoles and if PC comes in to the mix, yes it is a good thing i.e. Rocket League.With other games like COD for PC no idea if cross play with Xbox / PS4 will happen due to various reasons but, that'll be down to the Devs and if it can be done.For example Elite Dangerous on PC is not cross play with Xbox and or PS4 due to updates that require certification from the Console Owners. This is down to patches that are released on PC first and the versions being different to console, they do share the same background simulation, they just can't interact.

The sarcasm sensor is clearly broken on this forum
EuroGamer03/10/2019 14:38

With other games like COD for PC no idea if cross play with Xbox / PS4 …With other games like COD for PC no idea if cross play with Xbox / PS4 will happen due to various reasons but, that'll be down to the Devs and if it can be done.

From what I have heard about Gears 5 and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, console and PC gamers play together when using a controller. If you are mouse/keyboard then you can only play against others using a mouse/keyboard.

I think cross-play is extremely important for the future of gaming! You look at the likes of Battleborn and Evolve that are currently on life support. Obviously smaller indie games with online multiplayer but struggling to make up the numbers. There have been so many games that have closed down online multiplayer and hopefully cross-play will help keep these games alive.
.Yoshi.03/10/2019 18:17

From what I have heard about Gears 5 and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, …From what I have heard about Gears 5 and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, console and PC gamers play together when using a controller. If you are mouse/keyboard then you can only play against others using a mouse/keyboard.I think cross-play is extremely important for the future of gaming! You look at the likes of Battleborn and Evolve that are currently on life support. Obviously smaller indie games with online multiplayer but struggling to make up the numbers. There have been so many games that have closed down online multiplayer and hopefully cross-play will help keep these games alive.

Totally agree, x platform was only ever a way of monopolising, opening it up makes it so much better...as long as keyboard advantage is controlled of course
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants