PS4 Dualshock V2 buttons

Posted 15th Dec 2019
Hi all.

I recently picked up a new genuine Sony Dualshock v2 controller and the buttons (especially the 'X') feel a lot less responsive and have less travel and 'feel' when pressed compared to the controller that came with my PS4. Anyone else had this?

Plan on returning to Sony for repair or exchange though was interested to see if anyone else had this issue etc. Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
Is it an official controller or a copy?
Bluefusion15/12/2019 13:54

Is it an official controller or a copy?

Official. Camo - bought from Amazon (who advised me to go direct to Sony as they would not replace!?). They would refund...though the price has now increased so would cost me more to buy again.
Rune_2H15/12/2019 14:01

Comment deleted

I just tried Amazon again and the reason they wouldn't exchange is because the item is now more expensive!? Anyone else had this? Was not a warehouse deal. Fortunately they've agreed to refund the difference so going to order again and return this one. Bit convoluted...though hopefully the next one will be ok.
Rune_2H15/12/2019 14:01

Comment deleted

Ps, Amazon account closure?
Rune_2H15/12/2019 14:31

Comment deleted

Didn't write that as clear as I could - they've refunded the difference between what I paid and what they cost now. Rest of refund when they get other controller back.
m120firestormer15/12/2019 14:22

I just tried Amazon again and the reason they wouldn't exchange is because …I just tried Amazon again and the reason they wouldn't exchange is because the item is now more expensive!? Anyone else had this? Was not a warehouse deal. Fortunately they've agreed to refund the difference so going to order again and return this one. Bit convoluted...though hopefully the next one will be ok.

We’ve had this and they told us to reorder and they credited the difference between the old and new price. I don’t have a problem with this as I’d rather be able to track my order.
Edited by: "choccie32" 15th Dec 2019
choccie3215/12/2019 15:08

We’ve had this and they told us to reorder and they credited the d …We’ve had this and they told us to reorder and they credited the difference between the old and new price. I don’t have a problem with this as I’d rather be able to track my order.

That's what they've done to me. I'm hoping the controller I get doesn't have the same issue. No 'feel' at all from the 'X' button. Like pressing a marshmallow!
m120firestormer15/12/2019 15:10

That's what they've done to me. I'm hoping the controller I get doesn't …That's what they've done to me. I'm hoping the controller I get doesn't have the same issue. No 'feel' at all from the 'X' button. Like pressing a marshmallow!

To be honest it’s also better as you’ve got a new warranty with the new one, as opposed to losing some based on the original’s purchase date.
I had a controller where the spring went in the x button and they refunded six months the after ordering.
Edited by: "choccie32" 15th Dec 2019
choccie3215/12/2019 15:11

To be honest it’s also better as you’ve got a new warranty with the new one …To be honest it’s also better as you’ve got a new warranty with the new one, as opposed to losing some based on the original’s purchase date.I had a controller where the spring went in the x button and they refunded six months the after ordering.

Good point. This one feels like the button is sat lower than all the others so may the same thing.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions