PS4 extra storage

Posted 19th Dec 2019
Evening all...

My other half has PS4 and is wanting to extend the storage on it as its full even though he doesnt have many games. Would a USB stick plugged into the PS4 give him more storage? He is struggling to do the updates for games etc.

thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

7 Comments
An external USB hard drive, maybe 2tb, would be simple to use and give you plenty of storage. You could go for a 1tb but something like this 2tb means that you'd have lots of room.

amazon.co.uk/Sea…XNK
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 19th Dec 2019
As above,stick won’t work,has to be an external drive
Correct me if I’m wrong but it also has to be USB 3.0
Haircut_10019/12/2019 18:40

An external USB hard drive, maybe 2tb, would be simple to use and give you …An external USB hard drive, maybe 2tb, would be simple to use and give you plenty of storage. You could go for a 1tb but something like this 2tb means that you'd have lots of room.https://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-Expansion-Portable-PlayStation-STGX2000400/dp/B07DQ91XNK

Thank you, we've looked at the link and i think its an option
If you don't want the external harddrive, get this WD 2TB 2.5 SATA drive, fits perfectly in the PS4, simple one screw swap and you just need to reinstall software and redownload games.

amazon.co.uk/Wes…5WQ
Thanks for your help Flab
pink_elephant20/12/2019 10:12

Thanks for your help Flab

I use a 2TB Seagate Hybrid HDD in my PS4 (It also improves load times over the standard drive) £67.96 - amazon.co.uk/Sea…41/
Edited by: "Gormond" 20th Dec 2019
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions