Ps4 - family management

Posted 3rd Jun
I have a Ps4 and my kids 16 & 13 both have their own login which I setup a long time ago under the family management settings.

For some reason my 13 year old cannot play any games online - I’ve been through all the family management settings on there account, however, I cannot find any setting to allow them to play online - any help please on where this is?
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
If I remember right you would have to game share with each account. Otherwise you need 2 subs for each account for PSN. I could be wrong but i'm pretty sure that's how it works
MonkeyMan9003/06/2020 21:59

If I remember right you would have to game share with each account. …If I remember right you would have to game share with each account. Otherwise you need 2 subs for each account for PSN. I could be wrong but i'm pretty sure that's how it works

No, they have their own login on the PS4 and can play the games, but when loggin in to play online it appears to block it.

It was a long time ago when I set their accounts up and vaguely remember selecting it so they couldn’t play online, but can’t now find a way to change it.
does any of the users have the same login on another console?
MR112303/06/2020 23:02

does any of the users have the same login on another console?

No just one - family console.
Bluefusion03/06/2020 23:05

No just one - family console.

Check the main user that has the ps plus sub is activated as primary user. If that's fine Go to settings, then PSN, then restore licenses.
Edited by: "MR1123" 3rd Jun
OP, i got the same issue. Bought PS plus yesterday and added it to the main profile on the system, thinking that plus would then across all the profiles on the system. But only the profile which I bought PS PLus with has the plus sign with the other profiles missing the plus sign.

was going to post the question but OP you've beaten me to it.
EN1GMA04/06/2020 09:27

OP, i got the same issue. Bought PS plus yesterday and added it to the …OP, i got the same issue. Bought PS plus yesterday and added it to the main profile on the system, thinking that plus would then across all the profiles on the system. But only the profile which I bought PS PLus with has the plus sign with the other profiles missing the plus sign.was going to post the question but OP you've beaten me to it.

When you say the ‘main account’ of the ps4 that isn’t really how it works. You can set the ps4 to be the ‘main’ (primary) ps4 that the account is linked with but not vice versa. Therefore you can have multiple primary’s on one ps4. However, As long as the ps4 is the primary console for the account with ps plus and other accounts on that console should be able to use ps plus. That’s exactly how I run mine
howarth304/06/2020 10:33

When you say the ‘main account’ of the ps4 that isn’t really how it works. …When you say the ‘main account’ of the ps4 that isn’t really how it works. You can set the ps4 to be the ‘main’ (primary) ps4 that the account is linked with but not vice versa. Therefore you can have multiple primary’s on one ps4. However, As long as the ps4 is the primary console for the account with ps plus and other accounts on that console should be able to use ps plus. That’s exactly how I run mine

Think I've got it. The plus sign is only on the profile I bought the PS Plus sub on. The plus sign does not show on the other profiles but they do have access to online play and my ps now pass.

I was just expecting the plus sign to be on all the profiles.
Post a comment
@
    Text