PS4 game sharing

Found 30th Sep 2017
Does anybody know what happens to my weekly jumbo packs if I share Fifa 18? Do they still get delivered to my account on my console or do they get delivered to the other? The other console has to remain the primary console correct? Is it worth doing? Thinking of sharing it with my nephew you see but don’t want it messing anything up of mine
Community Updates
Ask
4 Comments
I game share Xbox one with my son (2 consoles in the same house) and I wondered the same. The packs go the the person who made the purchase and is tracked (I think) through the EA account that is needed to play FUT. He received the ‘Icon’ edition bonus and I received nothing.
Original Poster
paulj482 h, 28 m ago

I game share Xbox one with my son (2 consoles in the same house) and I …I game share Xbox one with my son (2 consoles in the same house) and I wondered the same. The packs go the the person who made the purchase and is tracked (I think) through the EA account that is needed to play FUT. He received the ‘Icon’ edition bonus and I received nothing.

Ok thank you Paul, I am still a little unsure. I purchased the game but if he activated his PS4 as primary with my account then I can’t see how the packs would come to my account. It isn’t linked to the ea account is it? So if my nephew signs in on his account on Fifa would he receive the packs which are the bonus content?
Craig512861 h, 26 m ago

Ok thank you Paul, I am still a little unsure. I purchased the game but if …Ok thank you Paul, I am still a little unsure. I purchased the game but if he activated his PS4 as primary with my account then I can’t see how the packs would come to my account. It isn’t linked to the ea account is it? So if my nephew signs in on his account on Fifa would he receive the packs which are the bonus content?

This is for Xbox so not sure if it’s the same but; In my situation I already had 2 gamer tags with an EA account attached to each. All shared purchases are always bought on my gamer tag (as the adult) and all games and DLC is shared and accessible at the same time for both of us. We both logon to each other consoles depending what room we’re in etc.

For FIFA this year Itreated him to the Icon edition so to make sure he got the gold packs each week I purchased the game under his gamer tag although it was purchased through an in game offer in FIFA 17.

The gamertag and EA account must be linked somehow as he uses an IOS companion app that he can see the packs, players, squads, buy packs receive the pre order bonus etc. To use the app you login with only your EA account and no where does it ask for your gamer tag.
Original Poster
Spot on thank you Paul, I got hold of ea and they called me back. They said all content goes to whichever gamer tag 1st activates the game so all good. Basically what you said! Thank you
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants