PS4 GameSharing - Destiny The Taken King

Found 18th Dec 2015
I know I'm asking a very specific question that not many will be able to answer but, am hoping there will be at least one person who knows the answer.
Basically owned an Xbox One since launch and it's set as my home console, so my partner can play anything I buy, we have two Xbox Ones and anything I buy I can play that on my Xbox and my partner can play on the main Xbox, which my account has set as the home console and we can play together fine.

I assumed it would be exactly the same on the PS4 - we now have two PS4s and about to redeem the code for the Taken King when I was reading the info on it about only downloading to one (activated) console and a search has thrown up mixed answers. So...........
Can I download the Taken King on my PS4 and my partners PS4 (which is set as my Primary/Activated PS4 so my partner can play my PS+ games) and we can play together successfully? We have two disk versions of the game (missed out on the £24 deal the other day :()
I'd imagine there are people who gameshare with friends on PS4, not just Xbox? Just want to confirm before I go ahead and redeem the code for the DLC.

8 Comments

Just to clarify, You have 2 versions of the base game on disk and one version of the DLC? Unless its changed, the DLC is only useable on the account that bought it. Pretty crap move really.

Original Poster

stubbadub

Just to clarify, You have 2 versions of the base game on disk and one … Just to clarify, You have 2 versions of the base game on disk and one version of the DLC? Unless its changed, the DLC is only useable on the account that bought it. Pretty crap move really.

Yeah that's correct and yes, crap move :-|
That said, one of the threads I was reading, said it wasn't possible on Xbox One - and I know it is as I own it on Xbox One and we can both play no problem, so was hoping it had changed on PS4 as well. I only found one person who said they wanted to do this and I'm not sure if they got it working or not in the end, only that Final Fantasy hadn't worked.
Edited by: "bex85" 18th Dec 2015

bex85

Yeah that's correct and yes, crap move :-|That said, one of the threads I … Yeah that's correct and yes, crap move :-|That said, one of the threads I was reading, said it wasn't possible on Xbox One - and I know it is as I own it on Xbox One and we can both play no problem, so was hoping it had changed on PS4 as well. I only found one person who said they wanted to do this and I'm not sure if they got it working or not in the end, only that Final Fantasy hadn't worked.

You own the DLC on an xbox also? Is the 2nd account on the xbox a sub account? I think they have said sub accounts will work. Havent tried it on xbox sorry

ok me and a mate both have a ps4 and account share. his ps4 is my primary and mine is his. we both have destiny on disc and the two previous expansions. my mate bought the taken king on his account and we went halves on it. I can use the taken king with no problems on my account.
so yes it should work. hope this helps.

talset

ok me and a mate both have a ps4 and account share. his ps4 is my primary … ok me and a mate both have a ps4 and account share. his ps4 is my primary and mine is his. we both have destiny on disc and the two previous expansions. my mate bought the taken king on his account and we went halves on it. I can use the taken king with no problems on my account. so yes it should work. hope this helps.

can y ou both play at the same time with each other though?

grimlocksbrain

can y ou both play at the same time with each other though?

​yes no problems at all.

Original Poster

stubbadub

You own the DLC on an xbox also? Is the 2nd account on the xbox a sub … You own the DLC on an xbox also? Is the 2nd account on the xbox a sub account? I think they have said sub accounts will work. Havent tried it on xbox sorry

Yeah own the DLC on the Xbox. On the main home Xbox, I've got my account on it and have the console set as my home console, my partners account is also on it, a full not a sub account and she can play anything I own and make use of my Gold. Have a second Xbox that only has my account on which I just sign in on when I want to play and we can play Destiny and any other game fine together.
With PS4, we had one PS4 and was set as primary PS4 and again both me and my partner can play PS+ games and any bought games, eg Rocket League. So assumed all would be the same with Destiny The Taken King as well but, it seems a bit sketchy as to whether it'll work with secondary accounts on just one PS4, nevermind across two PS4s.

Original Poster

talset

ok me and a mate both have a ps4 and account share. his ps4 is my primary … ok me and a mate both have a ps4 and account share. his ps4 is my primary and mine is his. we both have destiny on disc and the two previous expansions. my mate bought the taken king on his account and we went halves on it. I can use the taken king with no problems on my account. so yes it should work. hope this helps.

Thanks :D, will redeem the code once it's installed on both consoles :).
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions