PS4 HDMI port replacement cost

Found 18th Nov 2015
HDMI port is damaged, realistically how much am I likely to have to pay for a repair? Don't want to get ripped off. Thanks

1. Ask
  2. HDMI
  3. PS4
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. HDMI
  3. PS4
7 Comments

still in warranty? if so contact Sony, if not try contacting them anyway and see if you can get a price from them.

my guess is quite a lot!!
assuming they are willing to desolder & resolder the port about £80-£100
if not mobo replacement
Edited by: "amis1975" 18th Nov 2015

How did you damage the port ?

Find someone local that can fix it. A computer repair shop will do it for much cheaper than the likes of Sony.

Original Poster

kester76

How did you damage the port ?

I think it just from plugging in and out of different TVs, they are known to be a bit temperamental

Original Poster

Thanks everyone, trying to find someone local is turning out to be a bit harder than expected.

LeanneG

I think it just from plugging in and out of different TVs, they are known … I think it just from plugging in and out of different TVs, they are known to be a bit temperamental

Not that temperamental, you should get a lot of use out of a socket before it's dodgy. Unless you've forced something I would claim on the warranty or if outside of warranty as a design/manufacturing fault. There's a lot of these failing on the web so I guess it's more likely a manufacturing fault.

kotaku.com/goo…671
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants