PS4 headphones

Posted 11th Apr
Hi

Any idea on what headphones are and aren’t compatible with PS4? (Including mic)

I’ve done the YouTube vids which aren’t great and I’ve tried all sorts from apple/Samsung/akg/betron etc

I can’t seem to find an in ear pair that work with mic
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

17 Comments
As far as I'm aware any earphones/headphones that use a single 3.5mm jack for audio & mic should work. I use a set of Sony headphones the Mrs got with her phone. Audio and mic work fine.
You just wanting a pair of headphone for the ps4 only or wanting them for other uses as well
GonzoFK11/04/2020 22:43

As far as I'm aware any earphones/headphones that use a single 3.5mm jack …As far as I'm aware any earphones/headphones that use a single 3.5mm jack for audio & mic should work. I use a set of Sony headphones the Mrs got with her phone. Audio and mic work fine.

This I believe. I've been playing online with the siblings and my headset was a pair of Samsung earphones that came with an old mobile phone.
Any standard 3 bar striped microphone/headphone/earbud combination should work fine I would believe in the 3.5mm jack of the Dualshock 4.

40387446-rOqHL.jpg
If anyone wonders what the extra pins (ext) are next to the 3.5mm jack on the Dualshock 4, they are used for fast charging the controller. This is why many people make the mistakes with docks for their controllers in buying ones that plug into the slower micro usb connector on top.

40387446-hW6mw.jpg
cicobuff12/04/2020 09:01

Any standard 3 bar striped microphone/headphone/earbud combination should …Any standard 3 bar striped microphone/headphone/earbud combination should work fine I would believe in the 3.5mm jack of the Dualshock 4.[Image] If anyone wonders what the extra pins (ext) are next to the 3.5mm jack on the Dualshock 4, they are used for fast charging the controller. This is why many people make the mistakes with docks for their controllers in buying ones that plug into the slower micro usb connector on top.[Image]

does a cable for that port exist?
GonzoFK11/04/2020 22:43

As far as I'm aware any earphones/headphones that use a single 3.5mm jack …As far as I'm aware any earphones/headphones that use a single 3.5mm jack for audio & mic should work. I use a set of Sony headphones the Mrs got with her phone. Audio and mic work fine.

I thought this but mic doesn’t seem to work
Toon_army11/04/2020 23:18

You just wanting a pair of headphone for the ps4 only or wanting them for …You just wanting a pair of headphone for the ps4 only or wanting them for other uses as well

For both ideally but main is for the PlayStation
cicobuff12/04/2020 09:01

Any standard 3 bar striped microphone/headphone/earbud combination should …Any standard 3 bar striped microphone/headphone/earbud combination should work fine I would believe in the 3.5mm jack of the Dualshock 4.[Image] If anyone wonders what the extra pins (ext) are next to the 3.5mm jack on the Dualshock 4, they are used for fast charging the controller. This is why many people make the mistakes with docks for their controllers in buying ones that plug into the slower micro usb connector on top.[Image]

Thanks for the detailed answer. Maybe my port needs a clean
nknknk12312/04/2020 12:35

I thought this but mic doesn’t seem to work

sometimes the mic itself doesnt work with it, try others
nahkmiyan12/04/2020 09:31

does a cable for that port exist?

I have not seen a separate cable for that port but certainly charging docks exist. Mine is this one although differing brand names do appear on the same item....it used a dummy plastic pin that goes into the headphone jack and those two pins inside the EXT port.

40389667-k0Kp7.jpg
nknknk12312/04/2020 12:36

For both ideally but main is for the PlayStation

I use Hyperx cloud 2 and love them
I learn something everyday! thanks @cicobuff
Edited by: "iBelieveYouHaveMyStapler" 12th Apr
cicobuff12/04/2020 12:42

I have not seen a separate cable for that port but certainly charging …I have not seen a separate cable for that port but certainly charging docks exist. Mine is this one although differing brand names do appear on the same item....it used a dummy plastic pin that goes into the headphone jack and those two pins inside the EXT port.[Image]

i want a cable for that port, wonder what it is
nahkmiyan12/04/2020 14:30

i want a cable for that port, wonder what it is

It is an external port only used for fast charging... As said docks exist for it, but I have not seen literally just a cable that plugs directly into it outside of a manufactured Dock. There is no reason one could not exist though as its usb to that ext connector.
cicobuff12/04/2020 15:51

It is an external port only used for fast charging... As said docks exist …It is an external port only used for fast charging... As said docks exist for it, but I have not seen literally just a cable that plugs directly into it outside of a manufactured Dock. There is no reason one could not exist though as its usb to that ext connector.

exactly, very interesting!
cicobuff12/04/2020 15:51

It is an external port only used for fast charging... As said docks exist …It is an external port only used for fast charging... As said docks exist for it, but I have not seen literally just a cable that plugs directly into it outside of a manufactured Dock. There is no reason one could not exist though as its usb to that ext connector.

40391693-y4CME.jpg
nahkmiyan12/04/2020 16:34

[Image]

Yep, I used to own a Sony Mini Disc player with one of those remotes. Looks like they have reused the very same port on the bottom of the DualShock 4 controller...most odd. This must mean that as well as voltage rail pins (there are 4 pins) there were at least in the case of the Mini Disc remote controller data lines too.....now whether the DualShock 4 has the traces from those through elsewhere on the circuit board I do not know. As far as I am aware that ext port is solely for fast charging.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions