Groups

ps4 headset reccomendation

Hey all. The wife is looking to get me a headset for my ps4 for christmas. Looking to spend about £50 but could add a little for a decent one. Criteria is must be wireless comfy and fairly sturdy (kids will more than likely hve a bash at destroying them) battery life isnt too much of an issue as i play 3 hours at a time max

Had a look at sony headset 2.0 but it seems to have a few issues but ive never really had a decent headset before so any advice or reccomendations would be appreciated

Cheers all

16 Comments

Hey pal, I would highly recommend the Sony Wireless 2.0 headset as I have had it since day one and it has now only started to slightly chip away at the bend, where the headset folds. I have fixed this with duct tape! The sound quality is brilliant, there is an official app that allows you to use different settings for different games. All in all, good value for £50 when I paid £80 on day of release

Original Poster

H0P3Y1987

Hey pal, I would highly recommend the Sony Wireless 2.0 headset as I have … Hey pal, I would highly recommend the Sony Wireless 2.0 headset as I have had it since day one and it has now only started to slightly chip away at the bend, where the headset folds. I have fixed this with duct tape! The sound quality is brilliant, there is an official app that allows you to use different settings for different games. All in all, good value for £50 when I paid £80 on day of release

Hey mate ta for reply. Can you have game sound coming through it and chat at the same time?

123batman321

Hey mate ta for reply. Can you have game sound coming through it and chat … Hey mate ta for reply. Can you have game sound coming through it and chat at the same time?

​the headset is unfit for purpose, the built in mic is non existent.

Hyper X stinger been voted by eurogamer in the top 10 headsets in 2016 and it currently at around 50 pounds in amazon/argos which is what I use, hope I've given you food for thought.

Original Poster

UnhappyGamer

​the headset is unfit for purpose, the built in mic is non existent.Hyper … ​the headset is unfit for purpose, the built in mic is non existent.Hyper X stinger been voted by eurogamer in the top 10 headsets in 2016 and it currently at around 50 pounds in amazon/argos which is what I use, hope I've given you food for thought.

You have indeed and il definitly hve a look at this one too. Basically lookin for user feedback here to make my choice lol

Grab your credit card and get some astros, you won't regret it,

123batman321

Hey mate ta for reply. Can you have game sound coming through it and chat … Hey mate ta for reply. Can you have game sound coming through it and chat at the same time?

​yes, you can have game sound and chat at the same time. it's crystal clear too. There was a £15 off £50 spend voucher (new customer) at Sainsbury's not long ago, quite a few snapped them up for roughly£35...absolute bargain, great headset!

Astro's are £250, he is asking for £50. As a Wireless 2.0 user from Day1 and I have used Turtle Beaches (Stay away from) and various different styles. None have compared, I will google the cheaper ones, another user posted above and give me opinion

Stereo sound only on those HyperX. I wouldn't bother and stick to OFFICAL Sony's

Oh and as the sound for games, Yes and its Virtual Surround Sound and can be changed via offical APP i.e Shooter, racing EQ's, custom etc

I have also had and my son currently has the Sony 2.0 (golds) and they are very good for the money, his developed a faulty hinge which got replaced under warranty. The mic issue is a new one on me, I can hear my lad and a friend of mine ( who also has the same headset ) absolutely fine, infact the mic maybe picks up a little too much of their room noise but that can be tweaked in the console settings. The only time I've heard people complain about the mics are when they have out the headset on the wrong way around! The companion app is alright aswell.

Original Poster

Thanks guys seriously considerin the sony 2.0 reviews ive seen are good was just a bit worried about the durability but i guess if i put aay after i use kids wont manage to stand on them lol

Been through 3 of the Sony ones and returned all 3 with the same fault, friend has been through 2, same fault. The headband cracks after 2/3 months

Just to sum up these idiotic post of other members

The Sony headset - for loners/offline players
    Any other headset WITH good build and mic quality (hyper x which is why they are ranked in the top 10 headsets available in 2016) - multi purpose GAMERS who play variety of games on and offline and different genre.

Bought my adult gaming son a set of wireless HUHD headphones with mic for his birthday in September, he says they are great and very comfortable too.

icecreamwoman

Been through 3 of the Sony ones and returned all 3 with the same fault, … Been through 3 of the Sony ones and returned all 3 with the same fault, friend has been through 2, same fault. The headband cracks after 2/3 months

Clearly, you don't look after your stuff

UnhappyGamer

Just to sum up these idiotic post of other membersThe Sony headset - for … Just to sum up these idiotic post of other membersThe Sony headset - for loners/offline playersAny other headset WITH good build and mic quality (hyper x which is why they are ranked in the top 10 headsets available in 2016) - multi purpose GAMERS who play variety of games on and offline and different genre.[/quot[quote=UnhappyGamer]Just to sum up these idiotic post of other membersThe Sony headset - for loners/offline playersAny other headset WITH good build and mic quality (hyper x which is why they are ranked in the top 10 headsets available in 2016) - multi purpose GAMERS who play variety of games on and offline and different genre.

ROFL, you clearly don't know my addiction for gaming. If you had a brain, you wouldn't need to open your mouth and say the most intellectual sentence. that I have ever seen.

Multipurpose gamers = ME as I own all consoles since the Mega drive and earlier but hey your a troll and you ain't got any real friends.

I love gaming and I was giving some REAL advise, NOT slating someone for liking an official product, over a crappy make, that no-one with a decent brain has heard of. What a tool you are, your parents must be proud
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!1719
      2. Iptv1228
      3. Music download79
      4. FedEx sent me a Duty & Tax Invoice - Advice needed67

See more discussions