PS4 Help - No Picture

Found 12th Jul 2016
For some reason my TV is no longer picking up the PS4 picture. There is sound but it's cutting in and out.

I have tested on 3 other TV's in my house and it's working fine. I also tried knocking the output down to 460p (using the TV downstairs) but still can't get a picture in my bedroom (Samsung UE32H5000).

Also tried swapping HDMI cables, still the same on HDMI port 1 and 2

I hooked up my laptop via HDMI and that's working fine, its just the PS4... Seems strange

Any ideas? Thanks

1. Ask
  2. PS4
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. PS4
17 Comments

Original Poster

I tried booting into safe mode too, still no picture. I can't understand why other devices hooked up via HDMI work (laptop) but not the PS4 and as I said it's working fine on all of the other TV's in my house
Edited by: "markt91" 12th Jul 2016

Same problem

I had the same problem.. i can remember at the time I tried the safe mode option but didn't work so unfortunately I had to fully restore the console (I can't remember how I eventually did it).. on the odd occasion its happened since, I've managed to get round it by blindly (the screens blank but the ps4 is still running normally in the background) shutting the console down, turning the power off and clean/blow the usbs and power slots and it normally works again after that.. I hope it this helps

I had a similar thing Happen on my ps3, blank screen on 1 TV but worked fine on all others. turns out I had to change the resolution down on another TV then plug it back into the faulty TV and it worked, appeared when I was using it on another TV it was outputting in a higher resolution than the faulty TV could support.

Original Poster

darriano

I had the same problem.. i can remember at the time I tried the safe mode … I had the same problem.. i can remember at the time I tried the safe mode option but didn't work so unfortunately I had to fully restore the console (I can't remember how I eventually did it).. on the odd occasion its happened since, I've managed to get round it by blindly (the screens blank but the ps4 is still running normally in the background) shutting the console down, turning the power off and clean/blow the usbs and power slots and it normally works again after that.. I hope it this helps

I'll try restoring the console. I've already tried cleaning the ports, that didn't help. Is it not strange how this problem is only on one TV? I was thinking it could be a problem with the TV but it picks the laptop up fine via hdmi

Original Poster

Almeida

I had a similar thing Happen on my ps3, blank screen on 1 TV but worked … I had a similar thing Happen on my ps3, blank screen on 1 TV but worked fine on all others. turns out I had to change the resolution down on another TV then plug it back into the faulty TV and it worked, appeared when I was using it on another TV it was outputting in a higher resolution than the faulty TV could support.

I've tried knocking the output down to minimum. Still no good Maybe it's a problem with the TV? It's still under warranty from John Lewis. But if it was a problem with the TV surely it wouldn't be picking my laptop up ok? I'm confused lol

I would say its an issue with the TV if the ps4 works on other tvs.

nothing worked when I had to restore it so it was the last resort so only do that if you feel nothing else can be done or you haven't got much on it to loose .. the comment above could be a reasonable explanation as to why it happens about the resolution been too high also

i can remember at the time I was feeling like it was something with the tv but couldn't do much because it was a couple of months past the warranty date expired

try plugging it into a TV that works then go into ps4 Settings > System  > Uncheck "Enable HDCP" Then plug back until faulty TV

Original Poster

darriano

nothing worked when I had to restore it so it was the last resort so only … nothing worked when I had to restore it so it was the last resort so only do that if you feel nothing else can be done or you haven't got much on it to loose .. the comment above could be a reasonable explanation as to why it happens about the resolution been too high also

I tried knocking the resolution down, it's still the same. It's been working fine for the last 2 years

Original Poster

Almeida

try plugging it into a TV that works then go into ps4 Settings System  … try plugging it into a TV that works then go into ps4 Settings > System  > Uncheck "Enable HDCP" Then plug back until faulty TV

Thanks, i'll try that now. I'll report back shortly!

Original Poster

Almeida

try plugging it into a TV that works then go into ps4 Settings System  … try plugging it into a TV that works then go into ps4 Settings > System  > Uncheck "Enable HDCP" Then plug back until faulty TV

That fixed it thanks! So what is HDCP Will anything not work with HDCP disabled?

Original Poster

markt91

That fixed it thanks! So what is HDCP Will anything not work with HDCP … That fixed it thanks! So what is HDCP Will anything not work with HDCP disabled?

Netflix etc doesn't work with this disabled. So if the PS4 now only works with HDCP disabled does this mean there is a fault with the TV ?

it's a anti privacy measure, it essentially checks that you are trying to display something on a device that your allowed to display it on. is it an old TV? maybe something has changed in the copyright rules that's makes that TV incompatible for displaying media such as Netflix.

Original Poster

Almeida

it's a anti privacy measure, it essentially checks that you are trying to … it's a anti privacy measure, it essentially checks that you are trying to display something on a device that your allowed to display it on. is it an old TV? maybe something has changed in the copyright rules that's makes that TV incompatible for displaying media such as Netflix.

All fixed. Samsung guided me through it. It involved some hidden factory settings, I think it was called ENID? Then upgrading the firmware
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants