Ps4 help please

Posted 21st Nov
Hello.
My daughter wants a new ps4 for Christmas (she decided she wanted an Xbox to play with her dad and brother when they are on theirs and wished she didn’t get rid of her ps4).

Anyway, she now has a ps4 on her Christmas list. I’d like to get her a white one if possible and better if it’s a bundle (she likes games like grand theft auto, fortnite, Call of duty ect) but not a must but an extra controller, docking station or something would be good as an extra.

I have no clue what is the newest one and best one to purchase if anyone could help. I’d rather it be the newest, best memory and not noisy as she won’t be getting another one again for a while!

Thankyou
Community Updates
Ask
24 Comments
PS4 Pro is the best but dont think it comes in white or if it does more than likely a premium for it! Not sure what your budget is? The normal ps4 were on offer at some Asdas last week for £150 but more than likely all sold.
With Black Friday round the corner you'll get s bundle but doubt GTA will be in as it's an older game!
GTA is always on offer in the PS Store, I gave my copy away few weeks ago as I went digital.
A slim will be more than ok for a child. If she has a few download games then 1tb. If it’s all discs then 500gb will be fine
Just out of interest of your daughter? The reason I ask is because the games that you mentioned she likes, GTA V and Call Of Duty are rated at 18 and 16 respectively.
choccie3221/11/2019 18:03

A slim will be more than ok for a child. If she has a few download games …A slim will be more than ok for a child. If she has a few download games then 1tb. If it’s all discs then 500gb will be fine

The OP mentioned GTA and CoD, wasn't sure how old the daughter was so just suggested the Pro if they want the better console
Toon_army21/11/2019 18:00

PS4 Pro is the best but dont think it comes in white or if it does more …PS4 Pro is the best but dont think it comes in white or if it does more than likely a premium for it! Not sure what your budget is? The normal ps4 were on offer at some Asdas last week for £150 but more than likely all sold.With Black Friday round the corner you'll get s bundle but doubt GTA will be in as it's an older game!GTA is always on offer in the PS Store, I gave my copy away few weeks ago as I went digital.

Thankyou. I’m happy to pay around £300. Il keep an eye on Black Friday deals for the pro then :).
Could you please tell me, her old ps4 account where she bought games before can she retrieve that if buying another ps4 or will she need to open a new account? Thankyou.
choccie3221/11/2019 18:03

A slim will be more than ok for a child. If she has a few download games …A slim will be more than ok for a child. If she has a few download games then 1tb. If it’s all discs then 500gb will be fine

Thankyou, what the difference with the slim and the bulkier looking ones? Just what people prefer the look of or is the bulkier one the one with more memory?
Toon_army21/11/2019 18:00

PS4 Pro is the best but dont think it comes in white or if it does more …PS4 Pro is the best but dont think it comes in white or if it does more than likely a premium for it! Not sure what your budget is? The normal ps4 were on offer at some Asdas last week for £150 but more than likely all sold.With Black Friday round the corner you'll get s bundle but doubt GTA will be in as it's an older game!GTA is always on offer in the PS Store, I gave my copy away few weeks ago as I went digital.

The pro comes in white when I got it it didn’t cost anymore unless somethings changed
Edited by: "DanSpaghetti" 21st Nov
tilliesmummy21/11/2019 18:08

Thankyou. I’m happy to pay around £300. Il keep an eye on Black Friday de …Thankyou. I’m happy to pay around £300. Il keep an eye on Black Friday deals for the pro then :). Could you please tell me, her old ps4 account where she bought games before can she retrieve that if buying another ps4 or will she need to open a new account? Thankyou.

No need for a new account, all her games shes bought of gotten for free will still be there. Only thing you'll need to get is a 12 months PS Plus account, anywhere from £32-40 that'll cost.
I got a Pro few days ago from Asda with my discount worked out £270, so if you have any friends or family who work there they could grab you one.
But come Black Friday I think everywhere will be trying to beat each other on prices and deals
Thankyou everyone, been a great help.
tilliesmummy21/11/2019 18:10

Thankyou, what the difference with the slim and the bulkier looking ones? …Thankyou, what the difference with the slim and the bulkier looking ones? Just what people prefer the look of or is the bulkier one the one with more memory?

The bulkier ones are the original that came out approx 5 years ago, they are much noisier and the disc removal sometime had some problems. The slim is the latest (not including pro), in terms of the basic console. The pro has better graphics, 4K and may run slightly faster on some games, but I wouldn’t get it for a child, it’s not necessary for them, we’ve got some for my nephews this year and used the money difference on a few games.
You can get the slims in white too.

One more thing- if you go for a pro, make sure you don’t get the original chassis, our friend had one and we could hear it through the mic it was so loud!
Edited by: "choccie32" 21st Nov
Toon_army21/11/2019 18:08

The OP mentioned GTA and CoD, wasn't sure how old the daughter was so just …The OP mentioned GTA and CoD, wasn't sure how old the daughter was so just suggested the Pro if they want the better console

Just giving my experience, we used the money difference to buy a few games when we got slims
choccie3221/11/2019 18:15

The bulkier ones are the original that came out approx 5 years ago, they …The bulkier ones are the original that came out approx 5 years ago, they are much noisier and the disc removal sometime had some problems. The slim is the latest (not including pro), in terms of the basic console. The pro has better graphics, 4K and may run slightly faster on some games, but I wouldn’t get it for a child, it’s not necessary for them, we’ve got some for my nephews this year and used the money difference on a few games. You can get the slims in white too.One more thing- if you go for a pro, make sure you don’t get the original chassis, our friend had one and we could hear it through the mic it was so loud!

That's the thermal paste, they need to open it up and apply new paste, easy enough job, it'll be the 7015/7016 model they have. I've just got the 7216b and it's as quiet as a mouse
Toon_army21/11/2019 18:26

That's the thermal paste, they need to open it up and apply new paste, …That's the thermal paste, they need to open it up and apply new paste, easy enough job, it'll be the 7015/7016 model they have. I've just got the 7216b and it's as quiet as a mouse

Yeah he traded it in and got the newest and you wouldn’t know the difference between slim and pro in terms of noise. But it’s a lot of messing about if OP picks up the original pro which isn’t necessary
choccie3221/11/2019 18:28

Yeah he traded it in and got the newest and you wouldn’t know the d …Yeah he traded it in and got the newest and you wouldn’t know the difference between slim and pro in terms of noise. But it’s a lot of messing about if OP picks up the original pro which isn’t necessary

I will look for a slim. If I do get the pro how would I know if it’s an old noisy one?
choccie3221/11/2019 18:28

Yeah he traded it in and got the newest and you wouldn’t know the d …Yeah he traded it in and got the newest and you wouldn’t know the difference between slim and pro in terms of noise. But it’s a lot of messing about if OP picks up the original pro which isn’t necessary

The only way they'd end up with an older version is second hand. All shops sell the new model now, so they won't have to worry about the noise.
I'm a weirdo I sell my Playstation every year to get a newer model, and the years warranty. The one I got the other day only stands me £40
I was going to do any unboxing like the last one, think I made £100-150 off that video
tilliesmummy21/11/2019 18:32

I will look for a slim. If I do get the pro how would I know if it’s an o …I will look for a slim. If I do get the pro how would I know if it’s an old noisy one?

Just took a photo for you, bottom right hand corner of the box on the front it tells you the model number.

39057537-wsK2Y.jpg
Toon_army21/11/2019 18:34

The only way they'd end up with an older version is second hand. All shops …The only way they'd end up with an older version is second hand. All shops sell the new model now, so they won't have to worry about the noise. I'm a weirdo I sell my Playstation every year to get a newer model, and the years warranty. The one I got the other day only stands me £40I was going to do any unboxing like the last one, think I made £100-150 off that video

I know but it’s best to be aware if they got one from eBay, for example.
choccie3221/11/2019 18:39

I know but it’s best to be aware if they got one from eBay, for example.

Yeah I understood where you were coming from, you never know what your buying these days or how it's been treat! My mates PS4 slim has been running weird, I said I'd pop the lid to see if it was the fan... popped the lid and jesus christ I'm surprised it even spun, it was caked in dust.
To pop the lid you look at the ps4 front on, put a knife not the sharp side, on the corner and twist. The lid pops off both sides and you slide it back, then the fans ontop, just incase you ever need to clean or check yours
Toon_army21/11/2019 18:34

The only way they'd end up with an older version is second hand. All shops …The only way they'd end up with an older version is second hand. All shops sell the new model now, so they won't have to worry about the noise. I'm a weirdo I sell my Playstation every year to get a newer model, and the years warranty. The one I got the other day only stands me £40I was going to do any unboxing like the last one, think I made £100-150 off that video

Wait a minute. Rather than selling a Playstation every year in order to then buy another one for the extra warranty only to sell it in a years time and repeat the process (which presumably you've done 4 or 5 times now)... Wouldn't it be cheaper to just have bought one Playstation and then just stuck with it all this time? If it fails in warranty then it could be repaired, but there's a good chance you'd still be on your original one after all this time. Each to their own but your method seems like chucking money away for no real reason when you total up the cost you'd have spend over the five years buying up consoles and then selling them presumably at a loss.
Haircut_10021/11/2019 18:46

Wait a minute. Rather than selling a Playstation every year in order to …Wait a minute. Rather than selling a Playstation every year in order to then buy another one for the extra warranty only to sell it in a years time and repeat the process (which presumably you've done 4 or 5 times now)... Wouldn't it be cheaper to just have bought one Playstation and then just stuck with it all this time? If it fails in warranty then it could be repaired, but there's a good chance you'd still be on your original one after all this time. Each to their own but your method seems like chucking money away for no real reason when you total up the cost you'd have spend over the five years buying up consoles and then selling them presumably at a loss.

I make money off unboxing them so none the wiser to me. Unfortunately I waste money all the time on crap tech wise. I could say to people who smoke they're wasting money but each to their own I guess...
Toon_army21/11/2019 18:49

I make money off unboxing them so none the wiser to me. Unfortunately I …I make money off unboxing them so none the wiser to me. Unfortunately I waste money all the time on crap tech wise. I could say to people who smoke they're wasting money but each to their own I guess...

That's fair enough if you make enough money from the unboxing videos to offset the cost of selling the old one.
Haircut_10021/11/2019 18:51

That's fair enough if you make enough money from the unboxing videos to …That's fair enough if you make enough money from the unboxing videos to offset the cost of selling the old one.

Yeah I've done alright off YouTube over the years, don't think my PS4 actually stands me anything. I've still got all the receipts off my older ones in the new ones box, still have the original one from 2013 when I bought on the midnight launch lol.
I'm still waiting on a solid price for the PS5, I'm guessing around £450
Toon_army21/11/2019 18:43

Yeah I understood where you were coming from, you never know what your …Yeah I understood where you were coming from, you never know what your buying these days or how it's been treat! My mates PS4 slim has been running weird, I said I'd pop the lid to see if it was the fan... popped the lid and jesus christ I'm surprised it even spun, it was caked in dust.To pop the lid you look at the ps4 front on, put a knife not the sharp side, on the corner and twist. The lid pops off both sides and you slide it back, then the fans ontop, just incase you ever need to clean or check yours

Actually that’s really helpful. The last week the cat has decided it makes a nice heated bed for him
Yes
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions