Ps4 internal hard drive

Posted 10th Dec 2019
I want to install a larger ps4 hard drive. What size should I install and does anyone have any recommendations. I don't want to get the wrong type or anything. Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

7 Comments
You can now connect a small external drive up and run that - I do this and it works fine!
1tb would be a good size. 2tb if you can stretch.
But I herd PS5 is coming out next year.
rimalpatel00710/12/2019 07:39

1tb would be a good size. 2tb if you can stretch. But I herd PS5 is coming …1tb would be a good size. 2tb if you can stretch. But I herd PS5 is coming out next year.

I don’t think that the release of the PS5 has much to do with this, it’s always good to increase the available storage on your PS4. Certainly if you are downloading the PS+ games every month and buying a game here and there (even physical discs which can need large updates downloaded) it would be quite easy to get through a large amount of storage before the PS5 arrives. A 2tb drive would be a nice size to go for, the OP should be able to pick up a 2tb HDD as a good value for money solution and run it as as external drive.

This WD 2tb Elements is £51.49 at the moment and I’m sure that there are even better deals out there on external drives with a little looking around.

amazon.co.uk/WD-Elements-Portable-External-Drive/dp/B06W55K9N6

Edit - Just remembered that there is a deal for recertified WD 4tb Desktop drive for £60.99 direct from WD.
hotukdeals.com/dea…649
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 10th Dec 2019
deleted1447778
Get a Seagate Firecuda 2TB (hybrid drive) currently Amazon are selling them for £67 which is a good price for one of those, your get a 5 year warranty as well, I put one in my pro and it works great.

Firecuda 2TB

Your get performance gains with the firecuda depending on how you use your PS4, skip to 2.17 in the video your get what I mean.

Video

You might get a cheaper drive if you shuck an external drive but you also say goodbye to any warranty.
deleted144777810/12/2019 09:58

Get a Seagate Firecuda 2TB (hybrid drive) currently Amazon are selling …Get a Seagate Firecuda 2TB (hybrid drive) currently Amazon are selling them for £67 which is a good price for one of those, your get a 5 year warranty as well, I put one in my pro and it works great.Firecuda 2TBYour get performance gains with the firecuda depending on how you use your PS4, skip to 2.17 in the video your get what I mean.VideoYou might get a cheaper drive if you shuck an external drive but you also say goodbye to any warranty.

That’s a good price for the Firecuda buy it looks like it isn’t due in stock for a little while.
39311504-Vl4qv.jpg
deleted1447778
Haircut_10010/12/2019 10:11

That’s a good price for the Firecuda buy it looks like it isn’t due in sto …That’s a good price for the Firecuda buy it looks like it isn’t due in stock for a little while.[Image]

Yeah I saw that, but you got to love price matching (edit: what the hell CCL just jumped from £67 to £70)

cclonline.com/pro…98/

Slightly more at £69

overclockers.co.uk/sea…tml

Ebuyer £67.98

ebuyer.com/760…001
Edited by: "deleted1447778" 10th Dec 2019
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions