PS4 Multiplayer boring, nobody talks?

Found 29th Nov 2015
I've had a PS4 for a year now after switching from an xbox 360. Thought it was great...but not for multiplayer. Is it just me or does nobody ever talk?! Theres no banter, no chat, no communication at all. It's like playing single player. Xbox 360 used to be great on call of duty 4, world at war etc as everybody would use their mic. With PS4 multiplayer, it feels like I may as well be playing bots. It's the same on all the games I have, black ops, star wars battlefront, battlefield 4 and so on. Does anyone feel the same?

My question is, is xbox one the same? Does anybody play any games that have a good community? Whether it be on PC. Am I getting too old and the good old days have gone. Thinking of getting rid as I just don't find it fun anymore.
Community Updates
MiscPS4
31 Comments
Xbox One is the same IMO. Hardly anyone uses the mics (including myself)

I think they shot themselves in the foot trying to convince people to use their Kinect as a Mic. All you hear is little kids squealing in the background, the wife nagging him to get off the console or crackheads listening to crap music at full volume.
First thing I do when entering a mp game is mute everyone.
I dislike it when people have their microphones on during multiplayer games, a lot of the time they aren't even talking about the game. There are also those people who have theirs on, who seem to have no intention of speaking and you can hear them sniffing or coughing.
Bashstreet

I dislike it when people have their microphones on during multiplayer … I dislike it when people have their microphones on during multiplayer games, a lot of the time they aren't even talking about the game. There are also those people who have theirs on, who seem to have no intention of speaking and you can hear them sniffing or coughing.

This ^^^

"When are you switching that off?"
"I've only been on it half an hour"
"You said that half an hour ago"
"Leave me alone woman. You sound like your mother"
"Perhaps I wouldn't sound like your mother if you didn't act like a child. You're 37 John, not 10 years old.when are you going to grow up?"
"You mean like your brother? Doing 8 years for robbery?"
"You leave my brother out of this. He was a victim of circumstance"
"Yes. He took heroin and now he's an addict.. that's his circumstance...."
"You're a **** John. I'm leaving you"
"Good.... Go.... Perhaps I'll get some peace...."

....and you're sat there trying to make a bloody headshot listening to all this.....
Edited by: "SJHan" 29th Nov 2015
i have Been playing online on and off for 10 years... one off the most satisfying team communication games for me is splinter cell chaos theory and blacklist.

less numbers per team 2 v 2 generally gets rid if the gob *****

i recently went to pc as i assumed pc gamers would be more of an enthusiastic bunch but only to find the social side frustrating.. like friends list and different methods of chat. Skype teamspeak and so on..

i suppose it depends on if you switch on you console for a 20 min frag fest which it normally is or if you want some good team based tactical play which seems to be lacking.
Edited by moderator: "tut tut. swear filter" 29th Nov 2015
stuarthanley

This ^^^"When are you switching that off?""I've only been on it half an … This ^^^"When are you switching that off?""I've only been on it half an hour""You said that half an hour ago""Leave me alone woman. You sound like your mother""Perhaps I wouldn't sound like your mother of you didn't act like a child. You're 37 John, not 10 years old.when are you going to grow up?""You mean like your brother? Doing 8 years for robbery?""You leave my brother out of this. He was a victim of circumstance""Yes. He took heroin and now he's an addict.. that's his circumstance....""You're a **** John. I'm leaving you""Good.... Go.... Perhaps I'll get some peace...."....and you're sat there trying to make a bloody headshot listening to all this.....

hahaha it does have its negatives sometimes but they are outweighed. I think it's still much better than sitting in silence.
I loved the banter on call of duty it was always fun
haha it does have its negatives sometimes when there is background noise but they are outweighed. I think it's still much better than sitting in silence.

Also why are moderators deleting posts here when absolutely nothing was wrong!
Very surprisingly on the Xbox one I get into loads of games with people talking away and its a good laugh especially on blops 3 zombies met a few guys on it that have ended up playing with them regularly. Same with forza,battlefront and halo 5 but for me it's surprising as people unfortunately party chat it kind of wish it was restricted for certain modes like they use to do in search and destroy. (Oh game chat on gta5 is just wee kids screaming and playing music down mics never game chat that haha)
Perhaps you could look for a group to join up with over on the Playstation forum.
Paddy22222222111111111

Very surprisingly on the Xbox one I get into loads of games with people … Very surprisingly on the Xbox one I get into loads of games with people talking away and its a good laugh especially on blops 3 zombies met a few guys on it that have ended up playing with them regularly. Same with forza,battlefront and halo 5 but for me it's surprising as people unfortunately party chat it kind of wish it was restricted for certain modes like they use to do in search and destroy. (Oh game chat on gta5 is just wee kids screaming and playing music down mics never game chat that haha)

Those were the days, search and destroy was all I played. Glad they brought that feature in that kicked out of party chat as I was sick of them telling where I was campi...moving around!
Bashstreet

Perhaps you could look for a group to join up with over on the … Perhaps you could look for a group to join up with over on the Playstation forum.

cheers for that, just adding a few people from it.
I have seen a better example than this but this is how mikes should be used (apart from the swearing).
I love the device that gives the squelch at the end on each transmission,
Linky
Linky2 This is awesome. I'm gonna start the process of getting whats needed, researching and training (practicing).

Edited by: "Boxer" 1st Dec 2015
stuarthanley

"You mean like your brother? Doing 8 years for robbery?"

I've highlighted where your sketch got too unbelievable.

Edited by: "Krooner" 29th Nov 2015
Krooner

I've highlighted where your sketch got too unbelievable.

Armed robbery. Life sentence with a rec of 8 years
everybody is in partys, i believe star wars completely scrapped voice chat from the game according to word of mouth.
stuarthanley

Armed robbery. Life sentence with a rec of 8 years

I was joking, but thanks for the factoid!
UnhappyGamer

everybody is in partys, i believe star wars completely scrapped voice … everybody is in partys, i believe star wars completely scrapped voice chat from the game according to word of mouth.

http://i.imgur.com/MH7UeDW.jpg
Xbox one is a far better online experience in my opinion, psn on PS3 and ps4 for me has been a lonely place... Unless you play with friends it's very rare anyone even talks online. XBL is the opposite, it's always lively and full of good banter/helpful team play, just now for instance playing rainbow 6 on both platforms, the Xbox is far better as ppl actually communicate unlike the ps4 version.

I actually use the online community to help me buy games, for instance a fps game like destiny or bo3, I'd buy on Xbox over ps everyday. For single player games like fallout 4 I'd get on ps just so my library of games don't look low.
stuarthanley

[quote=Bashstreet] There are also those people who have theirs on, who … [quote=Bashstreet] There are also those people who have theirs on, who seem to have no intention of speaking and you can hear them sniffing or coughing or [b]tossing off[/b].

Edited by: "DIAL_999_FOR_CORRUPTION" 29th Nov 2015
fanpages

​was that the face your mother made when the doctor asked if she wanted to keep you?
UnhappyGamer

​was that the face your mother made when the doctor asked if she wanted t … ​was that the face your mother made when the doctor asked if she wanted to keep you?

Haha
Krooner

I was joking, but thanks for the factoid!

The only decent online experience I've had (ps3 and PC) has been with an avforums crew on GTA V- really disappointed like the op with this aspect online.
Getting my ps4 this week with BF4 if anyone still plays?!? Add me as a friend if want jim51996
I hate people talking junk over games, thats why I love online wiiu
I use party chat now. Dont need to hear what other **** people are saying on cod.
stuarthanley

....and you're sat there trying to make a bloody headshot listening to … ....and you're sat there trying to make a bloody headshot listening to all this.....

[img]sbs.com.au/mov…gif?itok=gs-NG3PK[/img]

Havent spoken in a public chat for years on my Xbox Live, various reasons but incessant noise from things like kinect, whiny kids on adult games, whiny adults on any games and generally an aversion to having my ears assaulted.

Plus I do like to have my game sound quite loud, which I cant do if I'm talking

Time was if you didnt have a mic, you were likely to be kicked, these days it seems the opposite
Game chat... if I wanted to her babies cry, I'd go and have some. Not spending my gaming time listening to you ignoring yours while they cry piteously for your attention.

**** it, why not even... play a game with you kid? Is that such an awful idea?

That said, chat makes Destiny, it would be utter pants without it. Maybe you should play that OP.
Chat **** get banged.. In all seriousness, im open to using voice chat with the right people. Rarely hear others using VC on ps4 (although mostly a single player guy) and whenever I do, its an immature teenager.
MrMan2011

I loved the banter on call of duty it was always fun

I wouldn't say always fun, but yes it was mostly good fun - especially cod 3 and cod 4 - after that it was mostly nasty foul-mouthed idiot kids doing everything they could to annoy the legal age players.

I could just about cope with the kids, but the real sickener was the abundance of painfully obnoxious American players, and have you ever heard an obnoxious American trying to belittle a humourless German - surely that's the definition of 'despair'?

No, I couldn't take it any longer; these days I only ever put the mic on in private chat with trusted friends - and I think it's the same with the majority of peeps now; over the years we've all been so sickened by the morons that we'd rather just play in silence.

moneysavingkitten

Game chat... if I wanted to her babies cry, I'd go and have some. Not … Game chat... if I wanted to her babies cry, I'd go and have some. Not spending my gaming time listening to you ignoring yours while they cry piteously for your attention. **** it, why not even... play a game with you kid? Is that such an awful idea?That said, chat makes Destiny, it would be utter pants without it. Maybe you should play that OP.

I don't have kids, but thanks for your input all the same. Getting old but not that old!

Destiny is absolutely terrible, nothing to it other than repeat the same process X infinity.
Wish people would use their mics too. PES team play would be so much simpler if they did.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants