Groups

ps4 not connecting to tv HELP!!

my ps4 seems not to be connecting to my Panasonic viera tv and have tried different hdmi cables as well.

when trying on other TV it seems to be working fine. Is there anyway around this ?

thanks

25 Comments

Could be a handshake failure.
    Are you definitely on the correct HDMI input on the TV?
    Have you got anything else that you can plug into the TV?

it could be the TV, make sure the port works with something else? try another device with hdmi

Original Poster

hi guys yes everything else works with the TV including firestick.
    It's a plasma TV which is around 10 years old..

Turn off the TV and switch off at the plug. Switch it on. Try all HDMI ports. Make sure you are on the right channel.

I'm assuming it has worked with the TV before?

Original Poster

yep it has worked with the TV before

ady85

yep it has worked with the TV before

​Try what I posted above, but also switch off the ps4 at the plug.
    If still not working, check the HDMI cable is properly connected at both ends. I've a few dodgy confections at times.

I'm sure Sony pushing ps4 update for HDR this week.Wonderer if that's messed something up for you

can you not just hold ps4 power button to boot it in safe mode then pick the new display settings. as it sounds like ps4 might be out putting to a unsupported resolution for your TV. this always worked on ps3

Original Poster

have tried rebooting in safe mode and also disconnecting all wires on TV and ps4. nothing works. just a fuzzy grey screen

Original Poster

have tried tried disconnecting all wires and rebooting in safe mode. nothing works. all you get is a grey fuzzy screen with no picture

Hdcp ?

Original Poster

hdcp is enabled at the moment

Is it just the picture that doesn't work?
    Have you tried the HDMI cable in something else to see if it works?

I have this issue on my Wii connecting to my Panasonic viera tv, I had to purchase a HDMI to composite cable for it to work.

ady85

have tried tried disconnecting all wires and rebooting in safe mode. … have tried tried disconnecting all wires and rebooting in safe mode. nothing works. all you get is a grey fuzzy screen with no picture

​Fuzzy as analogue TV static ? oO

Original Poster

yeah it looks static like analogue TV

Original Poster

markvirgo

I have this issue on my Wii connecting to my Panasonic viera tv, I had to … I have this issue on my Wii connecting to my Panasonic viera tv, I had to purchase a HDMI to composite cable for it to work.

​is the picture quality the same?

ady85

yeah it looks static like analogue TV

​I didn't think that was possible anymore...
    Definitely doesn't sound right.

CaptCShadow

​I didn't think that was possible anymore...Definitely doesn't sound r … ​I didn't think that was possible anymore...Definitely doesn't sound right.

​sounds like someone bent a hdmi pin. not a nice thing to fish out

kester76

​sounds like someone bent a hdmi pin. not a nice thing to fish out

​Apparently works in another TV, so don't think it's the HDMI cable.

Original Poster

yep works on other tvs fine.

most likely a TV issue.. I've tried everything you guys have suggested but no success :-(

ady85

​is the picture quality the same?

Looks OK to me, But then I use it on a wii not a PS4

ady85

yep works on other tvs fine.most likely a TV issue.. I've tried … yep works on other tvs fine.most likely a TV issue.. I've tried everything you guys have suggested but no success :-(

​Have you tried anything else in the TV with the HDMI from the PS4?

CaptCShadow

​Apparently works in another TV, so don't think it's the HDMI cable.

Could be a deep color issue to be honest and OPs 2nd TV could be a 720p that doesn't support the standard.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Potential upcoming Argos glitch or buggy app?109
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851337
      3. Vegan (Non-Dairy) Ben & Jerrys now launched in UK!1827
      4. Apples new update610

See more discussions