Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

PS4 NowTV broadband

Posted 7th Oct
Hi,

I am having trouble with the network speeds on PS4. Basically my bb is 36mb one which is quite good for streaming but when i test the connection on ps4 it shows 200kb - 800kb download and 2-3mb upload.

I hve a spare now tv hub and tried that one but the results are same. It was ok previously or i thought so but now it s quite laggy on online games, bops4.

Has anyone hd similar problem with nowtv? I have spare a router (d1500 netlink) as well but seems like i cant get the routers password to the bb.

Thanks in advance.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

7 Comments
What model of PS4? And are you using WiFi? The original PS4 is particularly terrible on WiFi. Can be caused by all sorts of things (brick wall in the way, other electrical items around it). And it seems to get worse with time. Try using an ethernet cable and do the test again. Even if you don't have the original PS4, try the ethernet cable test anyway.

And if you're already using a cable, just ignore everything I said.
Edited by: "ra786" 7th Oct
As above what you using to connect Wi-Fi or Ethernet. Try restarting the router, turn it off for 30 second and back on.
How far away is it from the router if it's wireless?
The connection is wireless. I will try to find a cable long enough or move the ps4 just to test the wired version.

The weird thing is uploads are much higher. I can stream hd on ps4 netflix /amazon prime etc. But the test results are couple of hundreds kb for down and couple of mb for upload
Thanks for all responses btw.
I've found that when I do the connection speed test on my PS4 over a wi-fi connection the results are always terrible compared to what my computer or phone results are for the same location. But when using a wired connection the PS4 gets the correct speed it should so I just keep mine connected via ethernet cable, but I do wonder though if it a case of the PS4 just having a weak wi-fi receptor or if the the connection speed test in the settings menu just isn't accurate.
Go on youtube (increase ps4 download speed) and you can find ip address to input that will re-route the traffic. You will notice the PS4 download speed close to your actual fibre speed.

Thank me later
rimalpatel00707/10/2019 10:18

Go on youtube (increase ps4 download speed) and you can find ip address to …Go on youtube (increase ps4 download speed) and you can find ip address to input that will re-route the traffic. You will notice the PS4 download speed close to your actual fibre speed.Thank me later

It worked! Well partially. Basically i found the video on youtube and followed it to the letter. At first it didnt show any improvement.

Then i installed thd d1500 rputer as a wifi extender and connected to it. Then did the trick and viola! I now have 12mb down and 3mb up. Which is 10+ more ghan what i had.

My conclusion is the sh.tyy nowtv router. I had two of those junk and tried both, both the same...

I will ditch nowtv as soon as it approaches contract end never to sign again :/

Thanks again for all responses guy!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants