PS4 official headset - weird noise when talking?

Found 23rd Nov 2016
Hello

I bought the official PS4 headset (wireless 2.0) and was wondering if its normal for a weird noise to happen in the left ear cup when talking (slightly louder than normal!).

The only way I could describe it is like a screeching echo type noise.

I also find it sounds quite weird talking in general with the headset on, It sounds as if im talking with my head in a barrel with an echo noise. Ive been using headsets on the PC for years without experiencing this.

Does this normally happen?

Cheers

6 Comments

I used to get this quite a lot. It took me ages to figure out that the noise was the other half screeching at me over and over..

If its the PlayStation gold headset try holding down the mute button,something to do with the side tone.should be 3 types of bleeps....i think,not certain but thats all i can think of for now.

Original Poster

JohnnyRoller

I used to get this quite a lot. It took me ages to figure out that the … I used to get this quite a lot. It took me ages to figure out that the noise was the other half screeching at me over and over..

haha

Original Poster

saus

If its the PlayStation gold headset try holding down the mute … If its the PlayStation gold headset try holding down the mute button,something to do with the side tone.should be 3 types of bleeps....i think,not certain but thats all i can think of for now.

thanks, ill try that later

does your headset come with voice feedback that could be the problem... X)

more serious note could be the wire?

Original Poster

UnhappyGamer

does your headset come with voice feedback that could be the problem... … does your headset come with voice feedback that could be the problem... X)more serious note could be the wire?

Its the wireless headset, sorry shuda mentioned that in the post!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…18406821
    2. Is Black Friday a big con!1722
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7771918
    4. BT Price Increase from the 7th January 2018 for some2748

See more discussions