PS4 Open Nat help on Virgin Hub 3

Found 11th Mar
I have 2 PS4's and i am looking to find a easy way or guide on how to get open nat on them both. Every time I play COD WW2 it says I have strict, sometimes moderate nat, but it says best way to play online is open. anyone with a Virgin Hub 3 can give me a easy step by step guide would be appreciated.. thanks..
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
Put your PS4 ip in the DMZ
Original Poster
Dannyrobbo9 m ago

Put your PS4 ip in the DMZ

Thanks, I gather the DMZ is in my router settings, I also read summat bout needing static ip's for the PS4, is this correct? and can I put both the PS4's in the DMZ?
malnuman10 m ago

Thanks, I gather the DMZ is in my router settings, I also read summat …Thanks, I gather the DMZ is in my router settings, I also read summat bout needing static ip's for the PS4, is this correct? and can I put both the PS4's in the DMZ?

Try turning your router off for 30 mins then on
Original Poster
Splice7 m ago

Try turning your router off for 30 mins then on

Thanks, I did a quick router reboot, as I didn't fancy messing with my router settings in case I mess my internet up, but I will try it for 30 min and see, if not then I will try the DMZ thing as suggested
malnuman7 m ago

Thanks, I did a quick router reboot, as I didn't fancy messing with my …Thanks, I did a quick router reboot, as I didn't fancy messing with my router settings in case I mess my internet up, but I will try it for 30 min and see, if not then I will try the DMZ thing as suggested

deleted1597344
Don’t put your device in the DMZ it just makes your device and network vulnerable to attacks should they happen.

The correct way is to set port forwarding should UPnP not take care of NAT. Alternatively enable IPv6 if supported as this is not effected like IPv4.
Original Poster
deleted159734411th Mar

Don’t put your device in the DMZ it just makes your device and network v …Don’t put your device in the DMZ it just makes your device and network vulnerable to attacks should they happen.The correct way is to set port forwarding should UPnP not take care of NAT. Alternatively enable IPv6 if supported as this is not effected like IPv4.

Thanks, but I have no idea how to set up the port forwarding, or indeed what IPv6 is,
Click this link for hub 3 port forwarding video

This is the one that covers PS4 (ports listed at the end) also describes fixing the address by reservation, so that the rules always point to the correct device.

For TWO PS4, fixing the address of the other one and setting it as DMZ might work
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants