PS4 or wait for PS5?

Posted 22nd Jul
Which should I get?
I’m a single parent of a 1 year old. So my day is very busy and I get couple hours in the evening to chill out. Point being I won’t be playing too much and I guess I won’t miss much if I wait... haven’t had a console in few years anyway.

Do you think I should wait for PS5 or just grab a PS4?
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

Top comments
Wait for the PS6
19 Comments
If you can afford to part with £600 for just a console

AND

If you can tell the difference between 4k and full HD (obviously I'm assuming you have a 4k tv) then I suggest wait for PS5
i dont have a child, but if i was in your position, not sure if i would even buy a console - i found that as i got busier, i couldnt be gaming, its too much of a time and mental drain.
Wait
Personally get a PS4 loads of games to choose from and wont be obsolete anytime soon. I have 2 kids and i find its good to game once there in bed helps relax the old Brain.
Can I perhaps suggest another alternative? A handheld console such as a Switch or even a 3DS will be so much more convenient. I remember what I was like with my kids when they were younger, I found having my 3DS nearby was a nice distraction. And the lighter nature of the games meant that it wasn't as exhausting.

Out of your two suggested options though I would go for a PS4. There is a massive back catalogue to work through, and yes the PS5 can also do backward compatibility, but it's still a lot of money for a couple of hours entertainment.
I’d personally get a PS4.
Complete library of games that will take you years to get though plus many of the best games start at around £12-15!!!
PS5 games are currently rumoured to be around £60 at launch.
PS4 is reliable hardware and PS5 is new and isn’t in the mass audience (remember Xbox red ring of death lol)
Stick to PS4
I'd get the PS4 for now. There's a massive library of great games that can be picked up cheaply right now so you can get playing straight away. Buy a used PS4 console and pick up some classic games like God Of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, Uncharted 4, etc.
Wait for the PS6
I'd get a PS4 (possibly a Pro). I'd only be getting a PS5 because it'll be what new games will come out on. The PS4 will have a complete library of cheap and great games you haven't played.
Well the ps4 has a good library of games, where as when the ps5 drops it will only have 1 or 2
Edited by: "_Tris_" 22nd Jul
Artonox22/07/2020 09:29

i dont have a child, but if i was in your position, not sure if i would …i dont have a child, but if i was in your position, not sure if i would even buy a console - i found that as i got busier, i couldnt be gaming, its too much of a time and mental drain.

Yeah that’s true. Which is part of the questioning... But at the same time if I limit it to just evening which I will probably will... can be nice way to chill?

Another issue would be knowing when to go to bed and not “one” more game
_Tris_22/07/2020 12:11

Well the ps4 has a good library of games, where as when the ps5 drops it …Well the ps4 has a good library of games, where as when the ps5 drops it will only have 1 or 2

But ps5 will be able to play PS4?
I would honestly wait and wait till Feb March next year to buy ps5 after the hype is over
packard22/07/2020 14:34

But ps5 will be able to play PS4?

Good point not 100% sure
Get the normal ps4 for £100, plenty powerful enough, the pro aint worth it in my expierence, find bargain of fb selling page.

I ain't buying the ps4 for a year or so, I don't like paying £50 for 1 game
@BigWil.E you are going to want to watch the Xbox Games Showcase tomorrow if you are serious about getting a new console. With services like Game Pass, Backwards Compatibility, Play Anywhere, Smart Delivery and xCloud they are most consumer-friendly console and the most powerful.

41461469-Zhv7b.jpg
41461469-ssFEU.jpg
Edited by: ".Yoshimitsu." 22nd Jul
@BigWil.E just a few links you will hopefully find helpful...

How Xbox Has Become the Most Consumer-Friendly of the Big Threeescapistmagazine.com/v2/…ee/

The Xbox Series X is already better value than the PS5 – here’s whytechradar.com/amp…why
Xbox first-party exclusives are included with Xbox Game Pass
Full backwards-compatibility
You can use your existing Xbox One accessories
Xbox Smart Delivery gives you the best version of any game
Xbox Play Anywhere is a bonus for PC players
Project XCloud could be a game-changer

Xbox Series X will have Microsoft’s ‘most diverse collection of first-party games'polygon.com/int…s-x
I'm like you but on a ps3, recently completed red dead redemption.
Get a ps5 as it backwards compatible for ps4 games and as your kid gets older it won't be obsolete.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants