PS4 Password Reset Email (When have not asked for it)

Found 20th May 2015
Has anyone else had a password reset email from PSN today? I have but haven't requested it, scared in case someone's trying to hack my account.

Its definitely a legit email from PSN......
Community Updates
Ask
4 Comments
ooo no, I hope my account hasn't been locked
I would request a password reset yourself and change it. Also change the password to your email account.

It's easy to have a password reset email sent out by a 3rd party. All they have to do is guess your email address and then just request it.

It's unlikely anything will happen if you ignore it. They need to get into your email account to proceed with resetting it.

But do as above to be that little bit safe. Do not click the reset password link from the email you already have, just login into your psn account and change the password (unsure if can do that via ps4).

If it was me, I'd most likely ignore it, as it's just someone clicking "I've forgotten my password request a new one."

kos1c

I would request a password reset yourself and change it. Also change the … I would request a password reset yourself and change it. Also change the password to your email account. It's easy to have a password reset email sent out by a 3rd party. All they have to do is guess your email address and then just request it. It's unlikely anything will happen if you ignore it. They need to get into your email account to proceed with resetting it. But do as above to be that little bit safe. Do not click the reset password link from the email you already have, just login into your psn account and change the password (unsure if can do that via ps4).If it was me, I'd most likely ignore it, as it's just someone clicking "I've forgotten my password request a new one."

Yeah think ill change it, better safe then sorry! I don't store my card details on anyway with them being hacked so many times so even if they got on I don't think they could do much damage.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants