Ps4 Pro black screen issues

Found 9th Jan
Recently purchased a pro and after the first 30 or so minutes use its now giving regular black screen for a couple of seconds at a time no matter what i do i cant stop this happening.
Anyone experienced the same or have any fixes.
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
Loose HDMI cable? My sons PS4 has that issue, the connection in the back of the tv isn’t the snuggest.
Did you get the Glacier White version?
Sony are against supremacy.
Could be compatibley issue with HDMI lead and tv try another HDMI lead of good quality
Splice1 m ago

Could be compatibley issue with HDMI lead and tv try another HDMI lead of …Could be compatibley issue with HDMI lead and tv try another HDMI lead of good quality

Also make sure your ps4 settings our setup correctly for your tv 1080p or 4k and Herts settings , check tv setting our correct too
Original Poster
i was using the hdmi which came with the black pro i had tried lots of different settings but no difference so ive returned it for replacement in the hope the new one doesnt do it.
sunsetman9 h, 43 m ago

i was using the hdmi which came with the black pro i had tried lots of …i was using the hdmi which came with the black pro i had tried lots of different settings but no difference so ive returned it for replacement in the hope the new one doesnt do it.

Wouldn't it have been easier just to buy a 99p cable and try that rather than go without your ps4 for a week or so? I highly doubt it's the cable.

Cable going direct to TV or an hdmi switch?

I get the same problem too and it seems to be an incompatibility problem between the ps4 pro and certain brands of TV (especially Samsung)

It's a common ps4 pro problem judging by the 65 pages of comments here
community.eu.playstation.com/t5/…423
Edited by: "chocci" 12th Jan
Original Poster
i have a samsung tv but its happening on other makes too according to that thread. cable was straight to tv i did try a different cable same make i use with my xbox etc and it was much worse.
sunsetman12th Jan

i have a samsung tv but its happening on other makes too according to that …i have a samsung tv but its happening on other makes too according to that thread. cable was straight to tv i did try a different cable same make i use with my xbox etc and it was much worse.

Have you had any joy?

My ps Pro is doing this as well and it's really rubbish.
It was an amazon warehouse like new so I'm wondering if I can return it?
Edited by: "Jonnyblock" 20th Jan
Original Poster
I've tried new hdmi cable it's now not as frequent but still doing it
Mine was doing it but I use an hdmi switch

Changed inputs around and it's fine now
Original Poster
im going to try running mine through my 4k compatible receiver see if that helps
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions