Groups

PS4 Pro - Devs may charge for patches

Banned
    Well, that just sort of makes PS4 Pro kinda pointless if devs are permitted to charge customers for patches.

Devs already butcher their games to be filled with DLC this and DLC that. Plus, they charge to play online on consoles and the games usually are full RRP whereas on PC they get them at reduced prices very early.

I was considering a PS4 Pro but due to this I'm thinking of going with the original model instead. It looks stylishly a lot nicer too.

Btw, if this was already posted somewhere here well, whatever.

Source: kitguru.net/gam…es/

11 Comments

Yeah I knew this could happen, it's just not worth going from current PS4 to pro for the extra £100+ I'd happily wait for the more powerful (rumoured)Scorpio.

It seems they see it as another opportunity to get some cash in which isn't fair to be honest and it's a shame.

devs will only charge for what people will pay for.

That's an old post, from September....

It's not new news either. Sony had always said it's down to the Devs for what they want to charge, if they ever do. But Sony will not charge you for these "Pro" features.

kos1c

That's an old post, from September....It's not new news either. Sony had … That's an old post, from September....It's not new news either. Sony had always said it's down to the Devs for what they want to charge, if they ever do. But Sony will not charge you for these "Pro" features.

Really? First I've heard of it.

violentj

devs will only charge for what people will pay for.

So that's games suddenly supporting 4K which is the point of the PS4 pro?

Can't see them doing this myself

Original Poster Banned

kos1c

That's an old post, from September....It's not new news either. Sony … That's an old post, from September....It's not new news either. Sony had always said it's down to the Devs for what they want to charge, if they ever do. But Sony will not charge you for these "Pro" features.

Q: Will I need to pay to update my existing PS4 game with new PS4 Pro … Q: Will I need to pay to update my existing PS4 game with new PS4 Pro features?A: While nothing specifically prevents publishers and developers from this, we don’t anticipate it at this time. Software updates enabling PS4 Pro features on any existing first-party title (such as inFamous First Light or Uncharted 4) will be free.

thegamer147

Can't see them doing this myself

Yes, Sony will not charge a fee but they're allowing others to if they want.

blog.us.playstation.com/201…aq/

If they can, they will.

I expect that paying for Pro upgrades if it happens, will only apply retrospectively to older games.

Adding 1080p support for Pro is much easier than I imagined:

unrealengine.com/blo…ame

If they're increasing the resolution it's not surprising it's extra work though and extra work costs money *shrug*

Spasho

Yes, Sony will not charge a fee but they're allowing others to if they … Yes, Sony will not charge a fee but they're allowing others to if they want.http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/09/08/ps4-pro-the-ultimate-faq/If they can, they will.

Sony will not charge, and from a Dev from Absinthe Games have stated they are not allowed to charge for a graphic patch, they as a company have to take the cost.

polygon.com/201…fee
    neogaf.com/for…589

It's possible we could be charged, but as it stands. I doubt they would charge us for a patch. Having a 4K patch on a decent title could mean someone goes out and buys it because it's library that uses their new PS4 PRO's main feature. That resolution patch is a selling point for the game as well.

Banned

An outdated story from September? Oh my.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Could someone send me a usc code with unidays11
      2. Beer experts help required!45
      3. Unexpected house guest query (Ratatouille)1216
      4. Customer Service from Giffgaff worth £60???55

See more discussions