PS4 Pro External Hard Drive; Help!

Found 23rd Nov 2017
Hello, I'd like to know which would be the better drive to use as external storage for a PS4 Pro between;

- Western Digital My Passport 4TB.
currys.co.uk/gbu…tml

- Seagate Expansion Portable 4TB:
currys.co.uk/gbu…tml

I've seen both recommended by multiple different websites but never a comparison between the two. I believe I may have seen that the Seagate has slightly faster read/write times but I'm not sure how this translates over to actual use. Nor do I know how the MyPassport's pre-existing software affects use as a external storage device for the PS4 Pro.

Any assistance would be very much appreciated. Thank you.
Community Updates
Ask
2 Comments
They are both pretty much the same. You won’t see any difference especially in a console. It comes down to which brand you prefer. I prefer WD as never had one break on me or corrupt where as I have had 2 segate ones corrupt but if you look at threads on here many people have had the exact opposite experience. I have this exact WD but on my Xbox one X with no problems.
Edited by: "samtman" 23rd Nov 2017
samtman4 h, 2 m ago

They are both pretty much the same. You won’t see any difference e …They are both pretty much the same. You won’t see any difference especially in a console. It comes down to which brand you prefer. I prefer WD as never had one break on me or corrupt where as I have had 2 segate ones corrupt but if you look at threads on here many people have had the exact opposite experience. I have this exact WD but on my Xbox one X with no problems.

I read about read/write speeds in the ~120s for the Seagate Expansion drive and in the ~110s (some reports even stating ~100s or even ~90s) for the WD, would these results not impact the efficacy of the drive to run games? The problem is that I don't know how much of an impact these differences would have on effectiveness, I'm not even certain how accurate these results are.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants