Ps4 Pro jet engine noise.. help?

Posted 18th Feb
Hey.

I have one of the OG Ps4 Pro, with the loud fan. It's really starting to bug me now. like it's got to a point I don't think it's normal to be so loud and I'm worried it's just gonna die or something.

is there any fix to this? or am I just best selling it and getting a newer model? Or just suck it up until the Ps5?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

15 Comments
If it’s getting louder and faster then it is starting to overheat. If it’s in warranty still then you can get it repaired (most likely need new thermal paste) if not then it may be time to start looking for a new one
Mine has started doing this recently as well! I’ve been turning up the volume and trying to avoid dealing with it hoping it holds out until PS5
Open ps4 clean dust apply new thermal paste
Mine is only a few weeks old and has started doing this after last weeks call of duty update. Either of you play COD? If so it might be related
tra1nor18/02/2020 23:41

Mine is only a few weeks old and has started doing this after last weeks …Mine is only a few weeks old and has started doing this after last weeks call of duty update. Either of you play COD? If so it might be related

Is it one of the new models? If so, that shouldn’t be happening. Mine isn’t any louder on COD than it was upon release.
Biddy218/02/2020 23:48

Is it one of the new models? If so, that shouldn’t be happening. Mine i …Is it one of the new models? If so, that shouldn’t be happening. Mine isn’t any louder on COD than it was upon release.

I guess so? It was bought brand new at the end of December 2019
tra1nor18/02/2020 23:49

I guess so? It was bought brand new at the end of December 2019

Should be one of the newer models for definite then. Has it gone really loud then or just gone up a notch?
I get loud fan noise when playing anything that displays in HDR though not so much otherwise. Mine's the old version. Where is your console kept - is it in a cabinet or out where plenty of air can get to it?
m120firestormer19/02/2020 00:02

I get loud fan noise when playing anything that displays in HDR though not …I get loud fan noise when playing anything that displays in HDR though not so much otherwise. Mine's the old version. Where is your console kept - is it in a cabinet or out where plenty of air can get to it?

In a desk space, plenty of air around it, it only goes mental when playing games. Recently, Dreams.

It's crazy how much more silent the xbox one x is.
ArcAndPie18/02/2020 23:41

Comment deleted

How’s that possible? Mine got stuck in the paste
You could try rebuilding your PS4 database. Not sure if it would sort the fan out though I've done this a couple of times since I've had my pro and it does seem to make a difference. I used to rebuild my PS3 database and it made it loads better (quicker to boot and respond etc). Read more here: androidcentral.com/how…ild
m120firestormer19/02/2020 09:39

You could try rebuilding your PS4 database. Not sure if it would sort the …You could try rebuilding your PS4 database. Not sure if it would sort the fan out though I've done this a couple of times since I've had my pro and it does seem to make a difference. I used to rebuild my PS3 database and it made it loads better (quicker to boot and respond etc). Read more here: https://www.androidcentral.com/how-make-your-playstation-4-faster-database-rebuild

I've got an SSD in my Ps4 Pro, so load times and response times are top notch.

It's definitly the fan, it's bizarrely loud nowadays.
I tried Spiderman and it went very loud. Tried FIFA and the PS4 was practically asleep.
I’ve got the original PS4 - the noise from the fan has always been loud, but after a couple of years became unbearable (jet engine equivalent).

I can’t offer you a fix for this solution - I’ve dealt with my issues by purchasing a set of top quality noise cancelling headphones and wearing those whilst playing. Unfortunately, this doesn’t solve the noise issue for others in the room - my wife has banished my PS4 to the conservatory, which is also a bonus, as I’m away from her, too
Curlyman8319/02/2020 18:05

I’ve got the original PS4 - the noise from the fan has always been loud, b …I’ve got the original PS4 - the noise from the fan has always been loud, but after a couple of years became unbearable (jet engine equivalent). I can’t offer you a fix for this solution - I’ve dealt with my issues by purchasing a set of top quality noise cancelling headphones and wearing those whilst playing. Unfortunately, this doesn’t solve the noise issue for others in the room - my wife has banished my PS4 to the conservatory, which is also a bonus, as I’m away from her, too

Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants