Ps4 pro - monitor or tv

Posted 5th Nov
Hi all, I am looking to get a monitor or TV to use for my ps4 pro. Now I have used 1080p monitors in the past and prefered them but when considering a 4k hdr monitor it gets quite difficulty. Can you give me a little advise?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

7 Comments
What size screen are you looking for?
Haircut_10005/11/2019 12:21

What size screen are you looking for?

Anything really, I'm at a desk so anything 28inch plus
Pixel density on a 4k monitor is pretty high, I personally don't think the human eye can appreciate all that micro detail at monitor sizes, which is different to a 1080p monitor showing 1080p content.

I'm not saying they don't look good though, personally I would go with a TV at 4k
Edited by: "4Real2016" 5th Nov
I've a 4k monitor and a 4k tv. The monitor never gets used. TV is way better.
Any ideas for what TV or monitor to get? Im looking anywhere between 200 and 400
4Real201605/11/2019 12:43

Pixel density on a 4k monitor is pretty high, I personally don't think the …Pixel density on a 4k monitor is pretty high, I personally don't think the human eye can appreciate all that micro detail at monitor sizes, which is different to a 1080p monitor showing 1080p content.I'm not saying they don't look good though, personally I would go with a TV at 4k

Monitors at desk viewing distances have a bigger apparent size than many peoples' TV setup.

HDR is currently in the very early days and you have to spend an arm and a leg to get a monitor with a decent local dimming system for it. So assuming you're not looking at a couple of thousand it's best to consider it a minor bonus feature than anything major.
EndlessWaves05/11/2019 15:42

Monitors at desk viewing distances have a bigger apparent size than many …Monitors at desk viewing distances have a bigger apparent size than many peoples' TV setup.

Why do you think I said that about 1080p monitors.

Do you know the PPI of 4k monitors, you need a magnifying glass to see micro detail, it's like watching a 1080p movie on a 5" 1080p phone.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants