Expired

PS4 PRO or PS4 Slim which one and why?

Found 29th Nov 2016
considering a PS4 pro but so many good deals on the slim what would persuade you to go for the Pro over the Slim?

11 Comments

Go with what you can afford.

Ps4 pro if u have 4k tv slim otherwise

How much advantage would the Pro offer if we game on 1080p? Will games run better or have superior graphics compared to the Slim version (both running on 1080p)?
Reason I'm asking is that I'm not really planning on upgrading the TV anytime soon.

astlegend

Ps4 pro if u have 4k tv slim otherwise

No, ps4 pro should run games and have better resolution /visuals even on a 1080p. TV. I consider the pro a true 1080p console. It's not cut out for native high end 4k gaming.

I have the pro, honestly can't tell much difference at all on 1080p TV. but looks miles better on 4k tv.

Get the Pro if you can afford it, even if you only have 1080p screen. it can have better graphic and/or better fps. The price different is not very big if you compare the ps4 1tb to the pro. its well worth the extra money for future proof(psvr and 4K tv)

Get the slim is you dont have many game you want to play or 4k TV

smellyonion

No, ps4 pro should run games and have better resolution /visuals even on … No, ps4 pro should run games and have better resolution /visuals even on a 1080p. TV. I consider the pro a true 1080p console. It's not cut out for native high end 4k gaming.

Wrong. Look up PS4 Pro slow 1080p, numerous complaints that it's slower on 1080p than the standard PS4.

4k screen get a pro
1080p get standard
Planning to upgrade get a pro

chocobogamer

Wrong. Look up PS4 Pro slow 1080p, numerous complaints that it's slower … Wrong. Look up PS4 Pro slow 1080p, numerous complaints that it's slower on 1080p than the standard PS4.4k screen get a pro1080p get standardPlanning to upgrade get a pro

Looking at the info it's similar to when the awful King Kong game was released for 360 and text couldnt be read on CRT screens, the games downsample

Id go for the pro.

sion22

Get the Pro if you can afford it, even if you only have 1080p screen. it … Get the Pro if you can afford it, even if you only have 1080p screen. it can have better graphic and/or better fps. The price different is not very big if you compare the ps4 1tb to the pro. its well worth the extra money for future proof(psvr and 4K tv)Get the slim is you dont have many game you want to play or 4k TV

This isn't strictly true regarding FPS on 1080p

It runs usually at 50-60 fps on upscale to 4K

They ran a test on 1080 compared to 4K and they were getting very similar drops in frames at certain times.

You would expect it to be solid 60fps all the time though

pro first upscales graphics to 4k and will then downscale again to run at 1080p

pro is noisier. don't bother unless you have a 4k tv
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Best phone for spec- canada and uk?11
    2. Android pay set up44
    3. Android TV box help?11
    4. receiveing a replacement and keeping the original faulty product44

See more discussions