PS4 Pro ssd

Posted 3rd Jun
Anyone have any recommendations for a ssd. I was looking at a Crucial MX500 1tb which someone said fits but it's 10mm. I heard the Samsung evo860 is good.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
Sell the ps4 get a ps5 it comes with ssd
_Tris_03/06/2020 20:26

Sell the ps4 get a ps5 it comes with ssd

Lend us your time machine then mate?
darkfrost103/06/2020 20:30

Lend us your time machine then mate?

Can't at the moment, it's in a storage unit 50 miles from me where I built it and we're under lockdown so no go soz 😁
Apart from speeding up initial game load by just a few seconds you won't see any benefit using an SSD. Save some money and just put a normal spindle in it.
Aye agreed waste of momey. Seagate firecuda 2tb in mine and full. A 1tb is nothing now when u consider destiny2 is almost 100gb. Wait for the PS5. And even then i wouldnt buy one on release. Gonna be buggy rainbow rings of death and the like im sure.
Martin_W04/06/2020 05:57

Aye agreed waste of momey. Seagate firecuda 2tb in mine and full. A 1tb is …Aye agreed waste of momey. Seagate firecuda 2tb in mine and full. A 1tb is nothing now when u consider destiny2 is almost 100gb. Wait for the PS5. And even then i wouldnt buy one on release. Gonna be buggy rainbow rings of death and the like im sure.

I have a 2tb normal inside and just bought a 4tb USB. I was going to put a new drive in and install the games on the external. I just thought a ssd would run quieter and cooler
blueyes7404/06/2020 10:35

I have a 2tb normal inside and just bought a 4tb USB. I was going to put a …I have a 2tb normal inside and just bought a 4tb USB. I was going to put a new drive in and install the games on the external. I just thought a ssd would run quieter and cooler

It will run quieter and probably somewhat cooler, but as others have said, the performances improvement is pretty insignificant vs the cost differential. If you've got money to burn and absolutely must have high capacity (though I don't know why so many people need multiple TBs), then go for it.

The Crucial MX500 or WD Blue would be solid choices, just over £100 each. Both famously reliable brands.

You could also consider a hybrid drive (SSHD). It's a mechanical drive with an additional portion of flash storage which is reserved for your most-used data e.g. UI. I used to have a Toshiba H200 1TB SSHD in my PS4 Pro and it was great. I since sold it along with the Pro when I got a new limited edition console (electing just to use the new included drive). I have noticed the dip in performance since. You can get a 2TB 2.5" Seagate Firecuda (8GB flash storage) for about the same price as a 1TB SSD.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants