Posted 13th Jan 2019
My PSVR on PS4 keeps on crashing.

Try to give as much information as possible

Bought PS4 (PS4-418)- changed hard drive for extra storage Seagate ST2000LX001 2 TB FireCuda 2.5 Inch Internal SSHD Hard Drive for PC and PS4

I have two PS4s and changed the hard drive on both and get the same issues. GTA5 works on both and have been played a bit. I have also played non-vr demos without any issue so pretty sure it is the PSVR.

I have changed my PSVR - this is the second one and still getting the same issues

I get three types of errors, I can load all the games and get to play the game for a minute or two and then

1) HDMI connection issue and then it seems to go into loading with dots in circle rotating constantly on VR headset but blank TV screen - I have changed cables - but this happens on Playroom VR & Crow The legend demos. Sometimes I get this and then it gows into issue two....
2) The most common issue is USB connection /cable not connected problem and then it seems to go into loading with dots in circle rotating constantly on VR headset but blank TV screen - I have changed cables but this happens on Playroom VR & Crow the Legend demos.
3) Error CE-34878-0 - this happens on game VRZoom Arcade demo but not encountered it on others (yet).

With errors 1 & 2 the PS4 seems to have shut down but I know is still on but unable to connect with TV or controllers. The only way i can get the PS4 to work is if I disconnect the power and reboot. On reboot it tells me i have not closed down properly and checks storage before taking me to home page.

I have followed most solutions listed on google search including intialising the PS4, reinstalling games, new camera, updates (6.20).

The only thing I have not done is change the hard drive back to original.

Happy to do that but if that is the solution then does that mean I am unable to upgrade the hard drive to bigger storage?

Because of this issue I am only playing demos and GTA5 , I don't want to start anything and find I have to start games from beginning again to fix the problem.

Is there another fix?

Any advice?

Thanks in advance.
Community Updates
Ask
Discussions

6 Comments