PS4 Questions

Posted 28th Oct
Hi,

I have a PS4 and use an external drive to store games on.

Can I store titles purchased from other regions on the external? Would the console I am using the external on have to have the user account for the region it was downloaded from in order to play it?

In terms of child accounts, my little one has their games on my profile which I purchased for them. Is it possible to create them a user account (not PSN) and add certain games to their account from my profile? I don't want them seeing my games with theirs!

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

7 Comments
You can store anything on external but the hdd is locked to that PS4.

You can create child accounts and specifiy the age group so they will only be able to access certain games.
You can install games from other regions on the external or internal drive.

You can also have multiple region accounts on the same console in use at the same time, for example if you created a USA account with a false address and then purchased USA topup cards online you can still play these on your MAIN UK profile account without issue.

You can create your child an account and they will be able to play any game that is installed from any other account on your console, i am not sure if you can restrict which games are available for the child, maybe there are some child settings on the console.
Got that pesky screw out yet SF?
SnoopZ28/10/2019 18:38

You can install games from other regions on the external or internal …You can install games from other regions on the external or internal drive.You can also have multiple region accounts on the same console in use at the same time, for example if you created a USA account with a false address and then purchased USA topup cards online you can still play these on your MAIN UK profile account without issue.You can create your child an account and they will be able to play any game that is installed from any other account on your console, i am not sure if you can restrict which games are available for the child, maybe there are some child settings on the console.

Thanks. Say I download all my games from my PS4 console, from both my UK and US account, on my external drive.

Does the US account have to remain present on the PS4 console for the US region games to playback from the external? i.e. if I delete the US account from my console, will the games still play?
Phsycronix28/10/2019 19:15

Got that pesky screw out yet SF?

No I didn't

A friend is buying it from me for his bedroom though so I'm just using my other one now.
superfreddy28/10/2019 19:29

No I didn't A friend is buying it from me for his bedroom though so I'm …No I didn't A friend is buying it from me for his bedroom though so I'm just using my other one now.

Well, let's hope he's not a good friend then eh?
superfreddy28/10/2019 19:28

Thanks. Say I download all my games from my PS4 console, from both my UK …Thanks. Say I download all my games from my PS4 console, from both my UK and US account, on my external drive.Does the US account have to remain present on the PS4 console for the US region games to playback from the external? i.e. if I delete the US account from my console, will the games still play?

You need the USA account on your console to play those games if you remove the account the USA games get locked until it's installed again.

Any normal account can play those USA games on your console, not sure about a parental control account.

Don't treat the external drive differently it works the same as internal drive.
Edited by: "SnoopZ" 28th Oct
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants