PS4 Remote Play And 3rd Party Pads

Posted 17th Feb
Hi everyone

I wanted to know from people who know, that are there any ps4 3rd party pads which will allow to work on ps4 remote play on phones which are not on the android 10 update.

my current phone does not have the android 10 update so the dual shock 4 will not work with the phone, even though it pairs to the phone.

any help?

thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
Different tactic: you could pick up a second hand ps Vita which allows you to use remote play with a good size screen and all the controls as well - just a thought!
Bluefusion17/02/2020 18:28

Different tactic: you could pick up a second hand ps Vita which allows you …Different tactic: you could pick up a second hand ps Vita which allows you to use remote play with a good size screen and all the controls as well - just a thought!

You know roughly how much they are? Please. So I know what to bid for on ebay lol
You can use the DS4 wired instead - you can get a short micro USB to (whatever your phone/tablet has) cable for a couple of quid - USB has lower latency anyway
If you get a DS4 phone clip, many of them come with a micro USB to micro USB cable
39928167-oR7qp.jpg
Edited by: "BubaMan" 17th Feb
EN1GMA17/02/2020 18:41

You know roughly how much they are? Please. So I know what to bid for on …You know roughly how much they are? Please. So I know what to bid for on ebay lol

I picked a near new condition PS Vita on eBay recently for £60 but they range in price from around £40-£100 depending on condition and games with them etc.

The good thing is as well as playing it’s own vita games, it is set up perfectly for remote play on the PS4 and if you also wish - you can install custom firmware on them that allows you to turn them into full on console emulators as well ie psp, ps1, NES, SNES, game boy, Sega, mame etc

39928302-dE7xN.jpg
Edited by: "Bluefusion" 17th Feb
Bluefusion17/02/2020 20:21

I picked a near new condition PS Vita on eBay recently for £60 but they …I picked a near new condition PS Vita on eBay recently for £60 but they range in price from around £40-£100 depending on condition and games with them etc.The good thing is as well as playing it’s own vita games, it is set up perfectly for remote play on the PS4 and if you also wish - you can install custom firmware on them that allows you to turn them into full on console emulators as well ie psp, ps1, NES, SNES, game boy, Sega, mame etc[Image]

The Vita is a great purchase for many things but Remote Play isn't really one of them... It has weak and unreliable 802.11g WiFi and it has no R2, R3, L2 or L3 buttons (the back touch screen is a poor substitute).
BubaMan17/02/2020 20:02

You can use the DS4 wired instead - you can get a short micro USB to …You can use the DS4 wired instead - you can get a short micro USB to (whatever your phone/tablet has) cable for a couple of quid - USB has lower latency anyway If you get a DS4 phone clip, many of them come with a micro USB to micro USB cable [Image]

Didn't know wired worked... Cool. That clip looks spot on. Thanks
EN1GMA17/02/2020 21:32

Didn't know wired worked... Cool. That clip looks spot on. Thanks

No problem
One piece of advice when using wired though - try to make sure your DS4 is charged before use as it will leach power from your phone otherwise.

FYI, you can also download the Remote Play App for Windows or Mac, where your DS4 should work wirelessly (but will also work wired).
If possible, try to use ethernet for your PS4 and the client - you'll get better performance and less dropouts
BubaMan18/02/2020 08:27

No problem One piece of advice when using wired though - try to make …No problem One piece of advice when using wired though - try to make sure your DS4 is charged before use as it will leach power from your phone otherwise. FYI, you can also download the Remote Play App for Windows or Mac, where your DS4 should work wirelessly (but will also work wired). If possible, try to use ethernet for your PS4 and the client - you'll get better performance and less dropouts

Thanks for the help mate, really appreciate it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants