Ps4 selling on ebay

Found 11th Jan
looking to sell my PS4 as since I got a switch I don't play on it anymore. I want to sell it on eBay but how do I prevent people buying it then saying it doesn't work and swapping it in order to get their money back. Is my only protection taking a photo of the serial number and what protection does that actually give. please and thank you for any kind responses.
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
Personally I have lost a lot of faith in ebay and would only go Gumtree / GAME / CEX. Less money but stress-free.
I’ve sold consoles on eBay and I’ve had no trouble. I usual do buy it now and only take offers from buyers with fantastic feedback.
Unfortunately you can't. That's the thing I don't like with eBay, i don't think there's anything to protect the seller. It's way too easy for someone to claim that something is damaged or broke etc and then they get their money back. Personally I wouldn't sell it on there
You have nothing to worry about.

You can set an option to prevent new buyers from bidding and members who consistently use eBay will not be trying to scam because they would still want to use eBay afterwards.

That being said I found it difficult to make more money for my PS4 than what cex would give cash so just ended up doing that instead.
Gumtree..Advertise as 'sold shown working', cash on collection. Then show them it working. Best way. And only take cash!
thewrecker747734 m ago

Unfortunately you can't. That's the thing I don't like with eBay, i don't …Unfortunately you can't. That's the thing I don't like with eBay, i don't think there's anything to protect the seller. It's way too easy for someone to claim that something is damaged or broke etc and then they get their money back. Personally I wouldn't sell it on there

I agree with this I had an account for over ten years with them and had a few buyers making false claims in a short space of time and even when I provided evidence that proved the person was lying they still sided with the buyer. I wont go back again I have been using facebook marketplace and gumtree seems whenever I put something on facebook its gone the next day even found some good deals on there like the MGS V ps4 for £100.
Trade in to game and use the credit for your switch
Lash it on your Facebook feed first with what you want for it
Thanks everyone for commenting. Appreciate it
Don't go with eBay as there is roughly 15% in fees. So your used ps4 would be worth a great deal less.

Shpock, gumtree and Facebook market place are great places to consider.

Items are sold as seen, but remember you'll get a lot of useless offers or ones that won't turn up. (Which makes eBay look better).

But I've sold consoles on these platforms. Showed their all working and made more of a profit than going to cex or game, and slightly more over eBay with its final fees. (Unless you get a £1 max fee promotion).
richje1003 h, 23 m ago

Trade in to game and use the credit for your switch

Would not recommend this at all. Unless you don't mind being shafted.

Game and cex will rip you off with their credit then you have to pay for their over priced games.

PS4 500gb console £104 credit game
PS4 500gb console £129-135 credit cex
Average switch game price £44-50

Private sale £135-150
Average switch games price £32-40 (shpock).

I got mario kart 8 deluxe brand new sealed off shpock for £32 back in November.
Sold elder Scrolls switch £35, mario Odyssey £35 and mario & rabbids £30 on these platforms.

My advice is private sale. Don't tie yourself into credit for these over priced companies. Unless you're getting more out off it.
Having cash means you can purchase used, or from shops like game collection, and Grainger games when they discount their stock.
Hmmmmm. Yeah thing is I'm quite a private person and I like it that way. Not sure I like the idea of inviting someone in my home to show them what they're buying is legit. It may be just me but I can envision they're eyes wondering around my house looking at other bits, so to speak. Of course,might just be the area that I live in. I guess this is why I always favour eBay. I did sell my Wii u on eBay for over 200 quid with no comeback(although the buyer that bought it was obviously a game shop with 456723 feedback or something). I dunno....I may even end up keeping it. 🤔. Thanks again everyone
Gumtree is the best , no fees .
And in my experience lots of people ask if you can drop it off and that saves you letting someone into your home .
Sold lots on gumtree and eBay, just hate selling something on eBay for £200 and only getting about £170 after all fees taken .
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants