PS4 Shenmue 3 limited edition low print game for collectors today only £38.50 @ Kickstarter

Found 17th Jul 2015
PS4 Shenmue 3 limited edition low print game for collectors or hoarders .

This will only be available until 2 am Saturday morning. And this will be an extremely low printed game similar to the rarity of titles like restroom city rampage which is now worth over £100.

today only £38.50

Ign have reported that this not reach retail upon release and will likely be digital only so don't miss your chance now to get a physical disc

kickstarter.com/pro…e-3
Community Updates
Kickstarter DealsMiscPS4
49 Comments
Also have a discussion thread HERE
Original Poster
Retro city rampage * haha
lol restroom city rampage, now that's a game that needs to be kickstarted
Delivered December 2017, no thanks...
Original Poster

Comment

ExSoldierMarci

lol restroom city rampage, now that's a game that needs to be kickstarted

Haha well the game was pretty disappointing .
Hot Hot Hot!!!!! for $100 you get the trial version before release and your name in the games credits..
I've already backed the game! Can't wait till 2017! Bring it on!
katchiib

Delivered December 2017, no thanks...

Shun the non-believer.
Back this my self for the PS4 disc copy. But I have a feeling this will be sold a retail just the way it is worded suggests so.

exclusive, backer-only case
This version will be on Ebay in 2017 for around £250.. There will be people on here wishing they bought it then..

an extremely low printed game similar to the rarity of titles like retro … an extremely low printed game similar to the rarity of titles like retro city rampage

Ps4 physical copies currently sitting at 12801 backers... + 1729 S3 package which includes a physical copy... (Plus well over 2 years time for more "backers" to order a physical copy).

Retro city rampage, strictly limited to 2000 physical copies...
vhero

This version will be on Ebay in 2017 for around £250.. There will be … This version will be on Ebay in 2017 for around £250.. There will be people on here wishing they bought it then..

No chance...
katchiib

No chance...

ebay.co.uk/itm…e9b

100 pound eh? And that sold like nearly 2 million.
Original Poster
It's worth an investment even if you are just a re seller .
What if the game turns out bad, will it still be worth the investment?
Original Poster
It ends at 2 am tonight so this is your last chance to get this special edition .

This site is full of re sellers so I thought I would give you a heads up as it helps the kickstarter and help you potentially doubling your money
Original Poster
The game will have much love and care made by Yu Suzuki , he has been planing it for 14 years .
Did pledge for just the digital copy a while back. Should I really upgrade! Twice the price, but for sure it will be a collectors item.
Backriver000

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Shenmue-2-for-Sega-Dreamcast-PAL-Great-condition-/181804371611?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2a54628e9b100 pound eh? And that sold like nearly 2 million.

Its currently riding an upward trend of people wanting to own/play on the back of the Shenmue 3 announcement.

On the same note I could say as a loose example the original Castlevania on NES is currently selling for £80-100 so dies that mean the next instalment will command similar money?

Also retro games at the moment seem to be gaining an upward momentum of collectibility and also people feeling nostalgic in wanting to play them again...

All im saying is this will nowhere be close to a limited release and will command nowhere near £250 come 2017...
katchiib

Its currently riding an upward trend of people wanting to own/play on the … Its currently riding an upward trend of people wanting to own/play on the back of the Shenmue 3 announcement.On the same note I could say as a loose example the original Castlevania on NES is currently selling for £80-100 so dies that mean the next instalment will command similar money?Also retro games at the moment seem to be gaining an upward momentum of collectibility and also people feeling nostalgic in wanting to play them again...All im saying is this will nowhere be close to a limited release and will command nowhere near £250 come 2017...

Personally, I'm a big fan of Shenmue and I'm not going to be selling my copy.
I never done kick starter before I guess they take money now
Original Poster

chrisvenn

I never done kick starter before I guess they take money now

They take money at 2 am Saturday morning . The kickstarter only has a few hours left .
Edited by: "chrisgcox3" 17th Jul 2015
Original Poster
Wortho

Did pledge for just the digital copy a while back. Should I really … Did pledge for just the digital copy a while back. Should I really upgrade! Twice the price, but for sure it will be a collectors item.

It will be a collectors item , but give what you can afford , if you don't plan to ever sell the game digital is good choice .
My first time using Kickstarter - I pledged $300. It's Shenmue III baby, I've been waiting 14 years for this to happen.
Acquiescence

My first time using Kickstarter - I pledged $300. It's Shenmue III baby, … My first time using Kickstarter - I pledged $300. It's Shenmue III baby, I've been waiting 14 years for this to happen.

Tell me about it..I played Shenmue one on the Xbox and then bought a Dreamcast to play Shenmue one...Amazing games!
Acquiescence

My first time using Kickstarter - I pledged $300. It's Shenmue III baby, … My first time using Kickstarter - I pledged $300. It's Shenmue III baby, I've been waiting 14 years for this to happen.

I spent hours thinking of how much to pledge and finally settled on $175.
Never used kickstarter before but like you said it's Shenmue 3!!

It's going to be a long wait
Oh and to all the haters, please go away and play COD 8 or Uncharted 6 or whatever recycled garbage you want. We don't care how you spend your money so we don't need to hear your bull
H_R_Ali

Oh and to all the haters, please go away and play COD 8 or Uncharted 6 or … Oh and to all the haters, please go away and play COD 8 or Uncharted 6 or whatever recycled garbage you want. We don't care how you spend your money so we don't need to hear your bull

Comment fail. ​Whilst I agree with the moral logistics of the implications of your comment, your failure to walk away without looking like a pretentious child commenting to enhance their girth has failed. Please try again.
I've been following the Kickstarter and I can't deny that I'm tempted... but having pledged ~£160 recently across Bloodstained and Yooka-Laylee, I'm going to pass here. Despite the recent reports that there's not guarantee of a full retail release when the game's done, I'd be very surprised not to see one... and that would almost certainly be less expensive as well.

It's also important to note that this is very different from a pre-order - there's no certainty of what form the game will ultimately take and, while unlikely on a project with such a high profile, it *could* still fail to reach release.
Edited by: "Illusionary" 17th Jul 2015
Original Poster
Illusionary

I've been following the Kickstarter and I can't deny that I'm tempted... … I've been following the Kickstarter and I can't deny that I'm tempted... but having pledged ~£160 recently across Bloodstained and Yooka-Laylee, I'm going to pass here. Despite the recent reports that there's not guarantee of a full retail release when the game's done, I'd be very surprised not to see one... and that would almost certainly be less expensive as well.It's also important to note that this is very different from a pre-order - there's no certainty of what form the game will ultimately take and, while unlikely on a project with such a high profile, it *could* still fail to reach release.

Shenmue 3 is 100% guaranteed a release . It's just broken the wirld record for biggest kickstarter game.

Sony are also supporting it , it's 100% safe
chrisgcox3

Shenmue 3 is 100% guaranteed a release . It's just broken the wirld … Shenmue 3 is 100% guaranteed a release . It's just broken the wirld record for biggest kickstarter game.Sony are also supporting it , it's 100% safe

​Agreed. Read a bit about it this morning and it'd be an interesting investment for little outlay.
chrisgcox3

Shenmue 3 is 100% guaranteed a release . It's just broken the wirld … Shenmue 3 is 100% guaranteed a release . It's just broken the wirld record for biggest kickstarter game.Sony are also supporting it , it's 100% safe

Yes, all but certain, I appreciate that. This still isn't the same as a pre-order, though - people should be aware of that.

Don't get me wrong, my feelings are positive toward the game, but I couldn't justify pledging more than $60 here (the reward tiers above that don't interest me until the $175 tier, which is far more than I could spare) and at that level I'd rather wait for the final release.
Illusionary

Yes, all but certain, I appreciate that. This still isn't the same as a … Yes, all but certain, I appreciate that. This still isn't the same as a pre-order, though - people should be aware of that.Don't get me wrong, my feelings are positive toward the game, but I couldn't justify pledging more than $60 here (the reward tiers above that don't interest me until the $175 tier, which is far more than I could spare) and at that level I'd rather wait for the final release.

​Digital release*
fozzeh

​Digital release*

I know that they've not been able to confirm an eventual physical release, but as above I'd be surprised if it didn't get one in the end. And if it doesn't, that's not the end of the world for me.
chrisgcox3

It will be a collectors item , but give what you can afford , if you … It will be a collectors item , but give what you can afford , if you don't plan to ever sell the game digital is good choice .

Yea I can afford it, its basically a retail release price. I usually pay £35-£40 for a new ps4 game. Shenmue would also be a day one purchase for me, so for me, I think it would be worth it in the long run to up the pledge and guarantee myself a physical copy. I really can see the price shooting through the roof in the future if IGN are right! If not, its a normal trade in game which I so many many times each year.
katchiib

Its currently riding an upward trend of people wanting to own/play on the … Its currently riding an upward trend of people wanting to own/play on the back of the Shenmue 3 announcement.On the same note I could say as a loose example the original Castlevania on NES is currently selling for £80-100 so dies that mean the next instalment will command similar money?Also retro games at the moment seem to be gaining an upward momentum of collectibility and also people feeling nostalgic in wanting to play them again...All im saying is this will nowhere be close to a limited release and will command nowhere near £250 come 2017...

You could but if you calculate compounded inflation based on a game costing £50 back then (which it would have) to now, it'd be £110 (at a 2% RPI). And that is just inflation...interest could be close to 180% on base. Double compound the pair with an index tracked combined return...maths will get too much!

So yep...try a different analogy. Maybe buying Google when it was a 'kick starter'?

Illusionary

I know that they've not been able to confirm an eventual physical … I know that they've not been able to confirm an eventual physical release, but as above I'd be surprised if it didn't get one in the end. And if it doesn't, that's not the end of the world for me.

I'm usually very realistic with 'chance' opportunities. This one does seem quite a good one. A bit like PayPal shares when they get demerged.
Well, for those who are backing - there's the $6m just now.
fozzeh

I'm usually very realistic with 'chance' opportunities. This one does … I'm usually very realistic with 'chance' opportunities. This one does seem quite a good one. A bit like PayPal shares when they get demerged.

Yep, I'd agree with you here.
Very tempted with the physical copies but...not sure which to get, don't have a ps4 atm (might get one in the future if any games catch my eye, is the PS4 region locked?) and my current pc is fairly standard, I imagine this game will take a lot of space and will need a really high spec gaming rig
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions