Ps4 skating game

Posted 22nd Dec 2019
Can anyone recommend a ps4 skate game. It's would be for my daughter (14) who's not really a gamer but is interested in trying a skate game.Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
deleted1965997
After a quick google search the top result is Tony hawks pro skater 5.
deleted196599722/12/2019 10:29

After a quick google search the top result is Tony hawks pro skater 5.

Really looking for comments from people who play the games, but thanks anyway.
There aren’t any apart from THPS5, but that is also really hard to get hold of.
Well that was short n sweet.
Tony hawks is the best apart from 5, it was rushed out as his deal withactivision was coming to an end and it ruined an otherwise great series of games. Project 8 is imho the best but not sure if it's available in your chosen platform. Skate jam on iOS and android is his latest project.
Thanks everyone I might just buy her a skateboard instead.
Ideally, she needed to be 14 around 1999-2001 for the glory days of THPS1-3
winzzz23/12/2019 12:04

Ideally, she needed to be 14 around 1999-2001 for the glory days of THPS1-3

You are spot on, i was 12 in the millennium and THPS was huge.
Me and my friends used to play for hours taking it in turns, and i remember we used to go to a youth club and there would be a good 50-100 people all queuing to play winner stays on until we found the best player by end of the night.
Those were the days no bills, no stress, just games and school 😩
My kids act hard done by, they dont have a clue lol
mcgregor717623/12/2019 11:28

Thanks everyone I might just buy her a skateboard instead.

Sadly the only good skateboarding games are on older consoles (PS3/Xbox 360).
Being Tony hawk's Pro skaters (2 (on the PS1) is the best in my opinion) or the EA skate series (playable on Xbox one as well).

For ps4, there's Ollie Ollie 1 and 2 but it's an arcade runner game. So it isn't that fun. Skip Tony hawk's Pro skater 5.

But keep an eye out on "sessions" long wait though.

I would recommend getting her into skateboarding. It's not as difficult as it looks, take her to a local skatepark and if the park has a lot of local skaters, ask one to give her pointers on how to get on to the board correctly and push.

In my opinion, skateboarding is the way to go over the video games. As of course it's something you can't get that feel for without trying.

If you want any advice on skateboarding, ask away. Been skating 16 years and teaching for the past 16 months now.

Edit;

If you're thinking of getting her a skateboard. A recommended starting price is around £40 (if you pick from a pool of choices from skatehut), you'd get a basic "real skateboard" and not a cheap and nasty bit of wood with wheels from the likes of Argos.

A professional quality setup is around £130.
Edited by: "kos1c" 23rd Dec 2019
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants