Expired

Ps4 - Slow Download speeds?

Found 17th Apr 2014
Can anyone tell me why I only get 2.2mb download speed on my PS4 on a 6mb line? Downloading Games & updates takes forever.

Phone, tablet, PC and Xbox all run fine on the same connection. Using the white Sky hub.

Been searching this and seems a common problem but cant seem to find a solution....
Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.
Community Updates
11 Comments
Yours similar then? Taking me days to download games
wired or wireless?
mine are usually good but the other day it was telling thay my download would be done in 96 hours... I cancelled the download and started it again and it took 20 minutes.

so, have you tried cancelling and re downloading?
I'm using wifi. no I'll maybe try cancelling and restarting next time.
wicket2961

so, have you tried cancelling and re downloading?

next question: have you tried turning it off and on again?
makershaker

I'm using wifi. no I'll maybe try cancelling and restarting next time.

Is much else going on on your broadband connection as this is likely the cause. Wifi connection is much slower than a wired up one and it's recommended to use wired to get the best out of it. It could also be a host of Wifi related issues such as interference etc that a wired connection tends to avoid.
Edited by: "Astec123" 17th Apr 2014
Astec123

Is much else going on on your broadband connection as this is likely the … Is much else going on on your broadband connection as this is likely the cause. Wifi connection is much slower than a wired up one and it's recommended to use wired to get the best out of it. It could also be a host of Wifi related issues such as interference etc that a wired connection tends to avoid.

Like I said my Laptop, phone, xbox and Tablet all get full speed but the PS4 is painfully slow. This aint an interference problem of any kind!
makershaker

Like I said my Laptop, phone, xbox and Tablet all get full speed but the … Like I said my Laptop, phone, xbox and Tablet all get full speed but the PS4 is painfully slow. This aint an interference problem of any kind!

Try connect the PS4 wired and speed test, then compare the same speed test results you get wireless. Trust me you will notice a difference.
It can sometimes depend on what you're downloading and when. If it's a brand new bit of popular DLC or game then Sony's servers get bum-rammed and slow down
Maybe it was installed by a Celtic supporter
I got poor speeds via WiFi. Used a cable in the end and it went to normal speed.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants