Groups
    EXPIRED

PS4 Surround Sound

Hi.

PS4 was connected to a basic Samsung 5.1 DVD player via the 'optical in'. Four speakers in each corner of the room with a speaker below the TV and a base box to the side. This gave a decent (I suspect albeit basic) surround sound - when needed (Missus allows).

However, I have just noticed that the 'optical in' on the DVD player has been damaged so I'm now unable to connect the PS4 to the DVD player (speakers).

Please can anyone recommend a cheap unit that will connect to my PS4 via optical in (I guess?) and will connect to the six speaker wires? (Does this make sense?). No need for the DVD function as I can use the PS4.

The speaker wires have OEM Samsung connectors but I suspect I can snip them at the DVD end and attached some kind of connector from Maplin (for example?).

Your help would be appreciated.

Cheers

DB

5 Comments

Budget?

Do you want my old Samsung unit? It's old, makes a bit off noise for about two minutes at startup, but works well after that.

I got it when I had a PS2 for the surround sound from Vice city - that was excellent.

Original Poster

Bigfootpete

Do you want my old Samsung unit? It's old, makes a bit off noise for … Do you want my old Samsung unit? It's old, makes a bit off noise for about two minutes at startup, but works well after that.I got it when I had a PS2 for the surround sound from Vice city - that was excellent.

Thanks. I appreciate the offer but would rather something new and quiet (and small?). Thanks again.

Original Poster

rev6

Budget?

Would prefer comfortably sub £100. I've looked at AV Receivers (I believe they're called) and these things seem to start at £250+

I've got it in my head that there must be something out there the size of a DVD box (perhaps not as thin) that could do the job?

Thanks for the reply.

agaveworm

Would prefer comfortably sub £100. I've looked at AV Receivers (I believe … Would prefer comfortably sub £100. I've looked at AV Receivers (I believe they're called) and these things seem to start at £250+I've got it in my head that there must be something out there the size of a DVD box (perhaps not as thin) that could do the job?Thanks for the reply.

For £250 you could get an AV with 5.1 speakers, which in fact would rip a new hole in your old speakers. I don't think your speakers would work on another device unless it was the same brand, etc.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Good Sim only deals??510
      2. Tiny white mites in bedroom and living room HELP333549
      3. Now tv entertainment passes11
      4. Best laptop for a budget of £700?22

See more discussions