PS4 System Update 4.0. Thoughts ???

18 replies
Found 13th Sep 2016
PS4 just released a system update 4.0. No mention of the HDR I guess ?? which was suppose to be there. Lots of features added.

1. Misc
  2. PS4
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. PS4
18 Comments

Folders thats the best thing added, now if Microsoft can sort out their library with folders and better sorting options.

blog.us.playstation.com/201…ow/

High Dynamic Range (HDR)

When we announced PS4 Pro and the new slimmer PS4 last week, we also announced that all PlayStation 4 systems — back to the very first console sold in 2013 — would be HDR capable. After updating your system to version 4.00, you’ll see HDR settings in the Video Output Settings and be ready to enjoy HDR gaming and entertainment content once it’s available on any PS4 system you own. Of course, you’ll need an HDR compatible display as well.

Edited by: "Illusionary" 13th Sep 2016

HDR seems to be there. It's listed under display settings, but I'll agree. I didn't see it listed under new features on update screen.

Just updated. Go to Settings - Sound and Screen - Video Output Settings and then you will see HDR

I'm not liking the white pop up at all. Just got a trophy and it was white. Miss the black colour. Lol

Hi guys... Does anyone know where the link is to download the update onto usb first and then install via usb? Thanks!

Jammy212

Hi guys... Does anyone know where the link is to download the update onto … Hi guys... Does anyone know where the link is to download the update onto usb first and then install via usb? Thanks!

playstation.com/en-…re/

CoolDude0123

I'm not liking the white pop up at all. Just got a trophy and it was … I'm not liking the white pop up at all. Just got a trophy and it was white. Miss the black colour. Lol

U waacist!

Noticed the icons look smaller and the quick menu is now quick unlike before.

Pacman786

Noticed the icons look smaller and the quick menu is now quick unlike … Noticed the icons look smaller and the quick menu is now quick unlike before.

I noticed this too but it does look sharper though. I wasn't sure at first sight but I am actually liking what I have seen so far. With how the quick menu is now it is much better in my opinion.

Really good apart from that dumb white notification box

CoolDude0123

I'm not liking the white pop up at all. Just got a trophy and it was … I'm not liking the white pop up at all. Just got a trophy and it was white. Miss the black colour. Lol

+1 I don't like the what's new tab either, takes forever to scroll through now.

stevenjameshyde

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/get-help/ps4-system-software/

Ta.

Editor

Bure11

Really good apart from that dumb white notification box

Agree. On certain backgrounds it sticks out like a sore thumb. :P

Enjoying folders and the revamped menus though. Overall, better functionality and still more responsive than the Xbox One Dashboard, which still seems slow and unresponsive to me.

the quick menu is the best thing about it.

4.00 is a class update

To play a local , splitscreen game online (Like Black Ops3) ; second controller needs a psn account too.
WHAT THE ACTUAL **** !

ReallyWonka

To play a local , splitscreen game online (Like Black Ops3) ; second … To play a local , splitscreen game online (Like Black Ops3) ; second controller needs a psn account too.WHAT THE ACTUAL **** !

Welcome to HUKD, I don't believe that is related to the 4.0 update.

As you can see this website has swear filters.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Coming up to bonfire night ...2129
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769295
    3. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604800
    4. Help Feed a Homeless Animal for Free1608652

See more discussions