Ps4 to computer help

Found 14th Dec 2017
I bought a ps4 and I haven't got a screen yet as of now. I tried connecting my ps4 to my windows 8.1 computer with a dvi slot into the computer tower and a HDMI into my ps4 and when I turn my computer n it just goes to normal startup on windows please help. Thanks!
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
Is the dvi slot an input or output ?
What did you expect?
The connector on the PC is for output not input.

Plug your PS4 into the TV or a computer monitor.
If you’re thinking of ps4 remote play, it is possible, but you need to download the remote play app from the ps website.

There’s a little bit of lag, but it still works with a decent internet connection, and it means you can play through your laptop whilst someone is watching the tv
Edited by: "hgraham4" 14th Dec 2017
Original Poster
kester763 h, 18 m ago

Is the dvi slot an input or output ?

the dvi slot goes into jue computer so imput
Original Poster
hgraham43 h, 14 m ago

If you’re thinking of ps4 remote play, it is possible, but you need to d …If you’re thinking of ps4 remote play, it is possible, but you need to download the remote play app from the ps website.There’s a little bit of lag, but it still works with a decent internet connection, and it means you can play through your laptop whilst someone is watching the tv

i did that but it says u need to activate the ps4 on a tv first
Itz_Huzy5 m ago

i did that but it says u need to activate the ps4 on a tv first

Oh yeah; you need to activate it first through a tv.

just to reiterate, a hdmi lead will NOT work, as it’s an output, so you can have your laptop up on a tv screen, but not something else on the laptop screen through HDMI.

You may see some YouTube videos claiming that you can, but they’re either fakes or just click-baits
Itz_Huzy2 h, 38 m ago

the dvi slot goes into jue computer so imput

It's very rare to have a DVI input on a desktop PC, I've only ever seen then on AIO PC or a capture card and they are normally HDMI.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants