PS4 Update 4.70 is bricking/freezing some of the consoles

Edited by:"mixmixi"Found 30th May 2017
Mine is also affected by this update. Pretty **** right now. Seems the number of complaints are increasing here:

community.eu.playstation.com/t5/…278

Bear that in mind if you are updating. This has been released a few hours ago so nothing officially has been mentioned about it yet.

Edit: First formal reaction to this issue: gamezone.com/new…142

Reddit: reddit.com/r/P…se/

41 Comments

Can report mine my Pro updated with no problems, have not turned on the orginal yet. Very sorry to hear about your console Is yours freezing on the warning screen too? Hope they offer a solution.

EWW im just thinking of getting a ps4 as well

should i hold off from buying wone ?

Original Poster

moneysavingkitten

Can report mine my Pro updated with no problems, have not turned on the … Can report mine my Pro updated with no problems, have not turned on the orginal yet. Very sorry to hear about your console Is yours freezing on the warning screen too? Hope they offer a solution.

Thanks mate. It does pass the warning but on the XMB everything freezes. Doesn't recognise the dual shock also the buttons stop working. Some fuzzy lines appears on the TV too forces me to unplug it. I'm downloading the update manually hopefully through rebuilding data base and updating with USB it resolves.

Oh noes. I'll put off updating mine for a day or two.

Good luck fixing yours OP.

Original Poster

kick_u_in_the_nuts

EWW im just thinking of getting a ps4 as wellshould i hold off from … EWW im just thinking of getting a ps4 as wellshould i hold off from buying wone ?

Nothing to do with buying one or not mate. It's a software issue, not hardware. My console is the original version. Might be something affecting those lines as moneysavingkitten mentioned they have updated their pro with no problem.

mixmixi

Thanks mate. It does pass the warning but on the XMB everything freezes. … Thanks mate. It does pass the warning but on the XMB everything freezes. Doesn't recognise the dual shock also the buttons stop working. Some fuzzy lines appears on the TV too forces me to unplug it. I'm downloading the update manually hopefully through rebuilding data base and updating with USB it resolves.

That sucks I'm glad you have a plan of action, it seems to have have worked for someone else in that thread. Looking around to see if I can find any other reports. Are you using the original or Pro? I am wondering if specific to one console or not.

Mine updated fine today... So far so good!

mixmixi

Nothing to do with buying one or not mate. It's a software issue, not … Nothing to do with buying one or not mate. It's a software issue, not hardware. My console is the original version. Might be something affecting those lines as moneysavingkitten mentioned they have updated their pro with no problem.

Ah that's answers my question.

Updated performed at 1:30pm.

No issues here (yet).

Original Poster

fanpages

Updated performed at 1:30pm.No issues here (yet).

Glad to hear guys. What type have you got? Original, slim or pro?

I hate doing updates in the first day or two because of this. Hope you manage to get it fixed. You just saved me from downloading mine. Was on the PS4 earlier for a good lot of hours and everything was fine, no download was happening, but when I shut it down and forgot about it and it started to automatically download when I booted the console up again. Was lucky enough to stop it when it reached half way thanks to your post

Original Poster

Can confirm mine is back live now. I had to rebuild the data base (twice) and updated using USB. Seems like a data corruption in this update? Or maybe affecting a specific type of PS4. Mine is the earliest line of C-chasis if that helps anyone.

mixmixi

Can confirm mine is back live now. I had to rebuild the data base (twice) … Can confirm mine is back live now. I had to rebuild the data base (twice) and updated using USB. Seems like a data corruption in this update? Or maybe affecting a specific type of PS4. Mine is the earliest line of C-chasis if that helps anyone.

Glad you've got it fixed now. Been reading around about the update and only found slightly different problems with Pros so far! I hope for the sake of others it's not so common.

fanpages

mixmixi

This one:

https://static.raru.co.za/cover/2015/08/18/2966391-l.jpg

Just updated mine didn't seem to have any problems, hopefully it's ok when I check it later

Original Poster

fanpages17 m ago

This one:[Image]

Odd, mine is a phantom pain (red) one. Seems specific people are being affected not everyone. Glad to hear you guys are all fine.

Original Poster

moneysavingkitten26 m ago

Glad you've got it fixed now. Been reading around about the update and …Glad you've got it fixed now. Been reading around about the update and only found slightly different problems with Pros so far! I hope for the sake of others it's not so common.

Based on number of feedback here, it seems I am one of the few. Still worth the heads up. Hope it doesn't happen to anyone else. Nothing worse than turning on the console and seeing the screen is frozen!

Mine updated at about 6.30pm, been on it for a couple of hours and everything seems fine. Played a game, bit of Netflix, all seems good. Mine is the Black Ops 3 bundle which I a witcher a 2tb hard drive into.
Hope everyone gets sorted ok

Switched not witcher, weird predictive txt

Mine updated fine.

Hope anyone with problems gets it fixed as soon as possible.

fanpages

Updated performed at 1 0pm.No issues here (yet).

mixmixi

Mine is a white one officially signed by her majesty the queen.

kay1992

Mine is a white one officially signed by her majesty the queen.

HMmmmm

Using ps4 purchased Nov, slim model, also got extended USB drive connected (left plugged in during update), updated fine no issues.

Only difference I can see is that some app icons have been updated, but menus are noticeably slicker

Noticing a few minor changes like font changes, store not lagging as much etc

I wonder if it still takes 5-10 seconds to send a screenshot via message

fanpages

Updated performed at 1 0pm.No issues here (yet).

mixmixi

Well that's spoilt is resale value.

Updated two original PS4's fine, one a launch console, and the family one bought last year.
Almost 400mb to change a few icons into "flat" ones, and generic "Stability improvements" which I always welcome, as a photo frame I've placed on top of my console has yet to fall over!

mixmixi

Can confirm mine is back live now. I had to rebuild the data base (twice) … Can confirm mine is back live now. I had to rebuild the data base (twice) and updated using USB. Seems like a data corruption in this update? Or maybe affecting a specific type of PS4. Mine is the earliest line of C-chasis if that helps anyone.

I got mine first week of release and haven't updated yet, I cant face doing all that rebuild stuff. I think ill hold off updating for now, surely they will have a different version up to solve this?

Cheers for the heads up... I really wouldn't have been pleased.

Updated my PS4 Pro with no issues apart from trying out Fallout 4, what a butt ugly game.

Not had an issue with mine

Not had an issue with mine

Updated my pro with no issues so far

PS4 slim updated without any issues

Pro owner, updated last night and when restarting it just froze. Couldn't do a hard reset, so ended up having to just unplug it completely to stop power (which never feels right to do).
It came back on, after doing that storage check that happens if you accidentally lose power. Was working ok after that. Still though, poorly tested update.

Original Poster

boulder1

Pro owner, updated last night and when restarting it just froze. Couldn't … Pro owner, updated last night and when restarting it just froze. Couldn't do a hard reset, so ended up having to just unplug it completely to stop power (which never feels right to do). It came back on, after doing that storage check that happens if you accidentally lose power. Was working ok after that. Still though, poorly tested update.

So me and you are the only ones here affected. Glad it's working. Sony needs an update 4.71 soon.

Just updated my PS4. Really needed to get the online available so took a chance with it and it updated just fine. Will need to test it now and see how it goes but so far everything seems normal. I'm using the original launched console.

fanpages

oO

Launch Day PS4 updated fine this morning, it's been on most of the day too.

Banned

Updated with no issues, Pro with the PSVR breakout box attached.

Navigating menus and the dash seems smoother and slicker now

Gonna do mine tonight as I have an external HDD to sort out and finally get round to downloaded and reinstalling some stuff.
Post a comment
@
    Text