Ps4 v xbox

Posted 20th Sep
When i have asked this before it always turns into a fanboy argument

so I'm trying to find out most popular console

Anyone like to count the 8000 replys to the fifa 2020 competition to see how the figures for each console stacks up
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

23 Comments
If you want to find out what the most popular console is them just look at the sales figures since they were launched.
PS4 has sold me since launch, so most popular.

I prefer Xbox. I am outnumbered. Never bothered me.
Here is a reddit video of best selling console from 1977 - 2019
Link
but why op?
Mr_Gus20/09/2019 20:40

but why op?

"so I'm trying to find out most popular console..."

...because...

"...it always turns into a fanboy argument."

@madmax666

"Anyone like to count the 8000 replys to the fifa 2020 competition to see how the figures for each console stacks up"

You start & we'll catch you up with the replies later.
""so I'm trying to find out most popular console""

..but why, when it devolves into the fan boy crud? ..beyond causing more irate fanboi b.s. ?

..fanpages, did you accidentally turn your wise guy button to 10? ..i'm writing one handed here & you are just making it harder, drop it please & thankyou
Edited by: "Mr_Gus" 20th Sep
Switch > PS4 > Xbone.
I have both. Just bought a ps4 pro too.
Frankly I find the Xbox "messy" to navigate.
So far I haven't found the pro to be a big step up from a normal ps4.
But the Xbox one is going to go on eBay.
I like having the game choice but I will never like the whole menu system of the Xbox.
PS4 for no reason
MRGRINGO20/09/2019 21:25

I have both. Just bought a ps4 pro too.Frankly I find the Xbox "messy" to …I have both. Just bought a ps4 pro too.Frankly I find the Xbox "messy" to navigate. So far I haven't found the pro to be a big step up from a normal ps4.But the Xbox one is going to go on eBay. I like having the game choice but I will never like the whole menu system of the Xbox.

I expected to find a load of fanboy comments on here, but yours is an even more stupid reason to not like (let alone sell) a console?!?! You like the games, you like the system, but you'll throw money away because of a MENU?!?! Fool and their money I guess

BTW, I went with Xbox because all my sons mates went XB and he wanted to play with them..... I therefore get all the new titles for free (and I'm an adult so don't care what others think is "cool", I grew out of that after primary school )
Edited by: "frakison" 20th Sep
frakison20/09/2019 21:37

I expected to find a load of fanboy comments on here, but yours is an even …I expected to find a load of fanboy comments on here, but yours is an even more stupid reason to not like (let alone sell) a console?!?! You like the games, you like the system, but you'll throw money away because of a MENU?!?! Fool and their money I guess BTW, I went with Xbox because all my sons mates went XB and he wanted to play with them..... I therefore get all the new titles for free (and I'm an adult so don't care what others think is "cool", I grew out of that after primary school )

Not really. I'm trying to give a balanced answer. They are both good but the whole menu/operating system on the Xbox sucks.
I'm going to sell the Xbox because I don't need 2 consoles, I prefer the ps4 so I bought a pro and decide to sell the old ps4 and also the Xbox.
I'd rather own just one.
And yes, I hate the menu system that much. The Xbox seems slow at times to navigate and clumsy.
I think sony design it all so much better.
I guess I only really bought the Xbox because I liked the look of forza and some games for my son that Sony didn't have.
Plus I've got enough cash to try them out so why not? It's not a fool and their money, it's "variety is the spice of life" so why not.

Plus I tend to buy things when it's a good price. Hence I bought the Xbox ridiculously cheap and the Pro was £220 from ao (that someone kindly listed on here)
So.... ch-ching...... next!
MRGRINGO20/09/2019 21:45

Not really. I'm trying to give a balanced answer. They are both good but …Not really. I'm trying to give a balanced answer. They are both good but the whole menu/operating system on the Xbox sucks.I'm going to sell the Xbox because I don't need 2 consoles, I prefer the ps4 so I bought a pro and decide to sell the old ps4 and also the Xbox.I'd rather own just one.And yes, I hate the menu system that much. The Xbox seems slow at times to navigate and clumsy.I think sony design it all so much better. I guess I only really bought the Xbox because I liked the look of forza and some games for my son that Sony didn't have.Plus I've got enough cash to try them out so why not? It's not a fool and their money, it's "variety is the spice of life" so why not. Plus I tend to buy things when it's a good price. Hence I bought the Xbox ridiculously cheap and the Pro was £220 from ao (that someone kindly listed on here)So.... ch-ching...... next!

You will still lose money... because of a menu!! ch-ching!!

When I go on my console, I tend to play the games not while away the hours navigating menus, the XB CAN be sluggish, but It takes maybe 1.5secs longer to get to what I want to PLAY, plus you can customise it to get around the issue anyway?!?! Like I said, I'm no fanboy, I play for enjoyment not approval, you are free to do as you wish, but I am also free to point out that in MY opinion, your reasoning is still pretty stupid
frakison20/09/2019 22:06

You will still lose money... because of a menu!! ch-ching!!When …You will still lose money... because of a menu!! ch-ching!!When I go on my console, I tend to play the games not while away the hours navigating menus, the XB CAN be sluggish, but It takes maybe 1.5secs longer to get to what I want to PLAY, plus you can customise it to get around the issue anyway?!?! Like I said, I'm no fanboy, I play for enjoyment not approval, you are free to do as you wish, but I am also free to point out that in MY opinion, your reasoning is still pretty stupid

Thank you. I try hard. 🤑
This is a personal preference question. I got PS4 at launch and did not like it, sold it and got the Xbox and much prefer it. My reasoning will be different than yours though. Maybe try them both and sell the one you don't like, depending on the deal you might not lose much money, if any.
Personal preference - PS4 all day
But I actually have a One X and Switch
One X as me and my bother game share (cost effective) and Switch for some nostalgia and the portability when I travel
Dreamcast
Seriously? A PS4 vs Xbox thread in 2019?
switch is the best
frakison20/09/2019 22:06

You will still lose money... because of a menu!! ch-ching!!When …You will still lose money... because of a menu!! ch-ching!!When I go on my console, I tend to play the games not while away the hours navigating menus, the XB CAN be sluggish, but It takes maybe 1.5secs longer to get to what I want to PLAY, plus you can customise it to get around the issue anyway?!?! Like I said, I'm no fanboy, I play for enjoyment not approval, you are free to do as you wish, but I am also free to point out that in MY opinion, your reasoning is still pretty stupid

1.5 seconds of waiting !? ..1st world problems personified! (you ought to do time with a zx spectrum as the game loader).
The navigation of the xbox1 is indeed messy, & offputting, must be worse for purely digital xbox owners.
Mr_Gus21/09/2019 10:59

1.5 seconds of waiting !? ..1st world problems personified! (you ought to …1.5 seconds of waiting !? ..1st world problems personified! (you ought to do time with a zx spectrum as the game loader).

I did
Mr_Gus21/09/2019 11:00

The navigation of the xbox1 is indeed messy, & offputting, must be worse …The navigation of the xbox1 is indeed messy, & offputting, must be worse for purely digital xbox owners.

Depends how uptight you are I guess?! I don’t even notice it, I guess some people are a bit too highly strung. Anyone who who gets put off by a second or two “lost game” needs to give their head a wobble
Must be someone on here who has plenty time on their hands to do this

Anyone like to count the 8000 replys to the fifa 2020 competition to see how the figures for each console stacks up
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants