PS4 WLOD

Posted 30th Apr
So I’ve got the ‘whit light of death’ on my ps4. I’ve watched vids online and done a lot of searching but it doesn’t show any display.

Tried three TVs and 4 hdmi cables and no luck.

Does anyone know how to fix it? Do I have to scrap my PS4 now?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

15 Comments
I didn’t even know this was a thing?

I remember getting the Xbox RRoD
Mendoza30/04/2020 20:10

I didn’t even know this was a thing?I remember getting the Xbox RRoD

Yep unfortunately mine has decided to do it in lockdown when I can’t even take it to a repair centre
Do you have another hard drive spare? That may have just died.

You can get in touch with Sony to arrange a repair still however. @Slasher9262 recently sent his broken dual shock off to Sony. As it’s your console, Sony should arrange for a courier to colelct it.
Biddy230/04/2020 20:16

Do you have another hard drive spare? That may have just died. You can get …Do you have another hard drive spare? That may have just died. You can get in touch with Sony to arrange a repair still however. @Slasher9262 recently sent his broken dual shock off to Sony. As it’s your console, Sony should arrange for a courier to colelct it.

I don’t, but I booted it up without the hard drive and still no display, even in safe mode?

Can’t part with £125 with Sony, doesn’t seem worth it with the ps5 around the corner.

Thanks for the reply!
deleted2412750
Try booting it in safe mode as that should display unless the hdmi port of the console has been damaged.

Ah just seen you've tried safe mode, your hdmi port is the fault.
Edited by: "deleted2412750" 30th Apr
nknknk12330/04/2020 20:19

I don’t, but I booted it up without the hard drive and still no display, e …I don’t, but I booted it up without the hard drive and still no display, even in safe mode?Can’t part with £125 with Sony, doesn’t seem worth it with the ps5 around the corner. Thanks for the reply!

I don’t think it will boot without a hard drive as the OS is stored on there.

Have you tried pulling the plug out from the wall while it’s powered on? That’s worked for some in the past. Double check also that it’s not just a hdmi handshake issue by powering on both your TV / AV receiver without the hdmi cable attached to either one so it can reset the handshake. There could be some conflict there as I’ve had that in the past.
Biddy230/04/2020 20:16

Do you have another hard drive spare? That may have just died. You can get …Do you have another hard drive spare? That may have just died. You can get in touch with Sony to arrange a repair still however. @Slasher9262 recently sent his broken dual shock off to Sony. As it’s your console, Sony should arrange for a courier to colelct it.

Got my controller back today actually, nice smooth service.
Biddy230/04/2020 20:28

I don’t think it will boot without a hard drive as the OS is stored on t …I don’t think it will boot without a hard drive as the OS is stored on there. Have you tried pulling the plug out from the wall while it’s powered on? That’s worked for some in the past. Double check also that it’s not just a hdmi handshake issue by powering on both your TV / AV receiver without the hdmi cable attached to either one so it can reset the handshake. There could be some conflict there as I’ve had that in the past.

Thanks for the reply. At the moment I’ve left both tv and PS4 unplugged to get rid of any residual power. I’ve read abt handshake issue and think I did try it on with HDMI unplugged from tv (tried so many things, hard to keep track!). I’ll try this later today
deleted241275030/04/2020 20:20

Try booting it in safe mode as that should display unless the hdmi port of …Try booting it in safe mode as that should display unless the hdmi port of the console has been damaged.Ah just seen you've tried safe mode, your hdmi port is the fault.

But I’ve inspected the port and no pin damage or anything. Or do you mean from the port to the motherboard when you say faulty?
Slasher926230/04/2020 22:11

Got my controller back today actually, nice smooth service.

How much for a controller fix out of interest?
nknknk12301/05/2020 03:56

How much for a controller fix out of interest?

Free because it was in warranty
nknknk12301/05/2020 03:55

Thanks for the reply. At the moment I’ve left both tv and PS4 unplugged to …Thanks for the reply. At the moment I’ve left both tv and PS4 unplugged to get rid of any residual power. I’ve read abt handshake issue and think I did try it on with HDMI unplugged from tv (tried so many things, hard to keep track!). I’ll try this later today

I’m sure I’ve read somewhere about doing a soft reset.
Slasher926201/05/2020 07:03

I’m sure I’ve read somewhere about doing a soft reset.

I tried but no luck. No display in safe mode really bugged me!
Biddy230/04/2020 20:28

I don’t think it will boot without a hard drive as the OS is stored on t …I don’t think it will boot without a hard drive as the OS is stored on there. Have you tried pulling the plug out from the wall while it’s powered on? That’s worked for some in the past. Double check also that it’s not just a hdmi handshake issue by powering on both your TV / AV receiver without the hdmi cable attached to either one so it can reset the handshake. There could be some conflict there as I’ve had that in the past.

Just tried. No luck 😔
nknknk12301/05/2020 12:08

Just tried. No luck 😔

That sucks.

Did you try pulling out the power lead while it’s powered on too? Other than that, I guess it does need servicing.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions