PS4 & Xbox1 - Are Demos Free - Is Plus & Live Needed?

Found 9th Dec 2017
Just a wee quick question. Im considering buying a new console, im not really into gaming much so a 500gb Xbox One S or a PS4 Slim will be fine for my needs. I dont know what games i will enjoy and so i want to try lots of free Demo's. Are these available without a subscription to Plus or Live ? Once i try out a demo that i enjoy i can buy the game and know i will enjoy it, i also want to try the different genre's too.
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
If they're stated as free they yes but honestly don't bother, they take up way too much space and take hours to download sometimes. For someone who isn't much of a gamer I'd suggest buying pre-owned games from CEX/GAME etc. If you're unsure about certain games just look up gameplay videos on YouTube =]
Original Poster
Thanks for your reply. Im more interested in Demo's as im not sure if the free games will be any good. I was thinking the same as you and to buy preowned games. If i had played the demo i would know what i wanted to buy. Because i am not a gamer and i have been out the loop for many many years, i dont know what i will enjoy. What looks good in a video might not hold my interest like when i actually played it.

I used to be addicted to playing my playstation 1, up all night on grand turismo, i now think a great driving game would bore me, im 48 im sorry to admit ha ha
all demos are free, plus is only needed for free games, discount to the store, and of course playing online.
rob1969696963 h, 34 m ago

Thanks for your reply. Im more interested in Demo's as im not sure if the …Thanks for your reply. Im more interested in Demo's as im not sure if the free games will be any good. I was thinking the same as you and to buy preowned games. If i had played the demo i would know what i wanted to buy. Because i am not a gamer and i have been out the loop for many many years, i dont know what i will enjoy. What looks good in a video might not hold my interest like when i actually played it. I used to be addicted to playing my playstation 1, up all night on grand turismo, i now think a great driving game would bore me, im 48 im sorry to admit ha ha

Dont worry about your age...know people in 50's + still playing these consoles and new consoles
Original Poster
Many thanks guys for the replies. I bought the PS4 last night and it is a great piece of equipment. Im gonna have to practice using the gamepad for COD ww2, its a difficult game to get started with. Ill get some demo's and free games and practice and get more familiar with the gamepad.
lego games are fun,. rpg action game is good to go on your own pace, gta is fun, see what the popular games are and try, when i went from ps1 too Xbox 360, i thought i get ba cheap Xbox with 4 games bundled on it, why i saved up, one game format i nevr tired was rpg called fable, heard of the others i think racing game, halo, so with thinking this wouldn't be my type of thing, within a hour i was hook.

same with Harry Potter book, i thought even one was wearied reading book about a wizard till i sat down and read a few pages and hooked
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants