PS5

Posted 14th Jun
What’s everyone opinion on the new PS5?
Community Updates
Ask
50 Comments
I thought gran turismo & horizon zero looked good!
Ukguy10114/06/2020 15:10

I thought gran turismo & horizon zero looked good!

I thought Gran Turismo looked a current gen game moved to next gen. The “pop in” gave it away.

Horizon, Ratchet and Clank and Kena all looked really good though. Same with Resident Evil 8.
Thought the PS5 looked really nice and it was a strong announcement overall. Liked the look of Spider-Man, Horizon sequel, little big planet and resident evil 8 in particular.

That Kena game looked really interesting as well!
Underwhelming imo. Don’t want to buy one just for demons souls remastered although I will end up doing so(lol) . Hoping another few decent exclusives get announced in the next year or so
I really don’t know if i want ps5 or xbox series x. I am not a enthusiast, i play fifa and a racing game mainly (guess it will be turismo or forza). But i did want a black console too so i am leaning towards xbox slightly. I prefer xbox controller feel also. Its hard deciding!
Resi 8, gran Turismo and Spider-Man will be the three first games I buy. Decided to go full digital this time round.
They all look like they could be on PS4.
Looks like a router
Kratos6914/06/2020 15:44

Resi 8, gran Turismo and Spider-Man will be the three first games I buy. …Resi 8, gran Turismo and Spider-Man will be the three first games I buy. Decided to go full digital this time round.

Don't do it. It will end up costing you more and you won't be able to take advantage of all the great deals the good people of this site post.
More interested in peripherals. If a 4k vr headset announced with room scale, might be interested. Same goes for the new xbox.

Marginally prettier graphics won't cut it for me.
Doesn’t offer much more to me... Massive PS fan but won’t be buying. Rumoured £599, chuck in a couple of spare controllers, camera and a few games and you’re close to a grand.

I’ll wait for price drops, happy with PS4 Pros
it’s big
Console looked really nice. All games showcased looked incredibly disappointing, like current-gen graphics etc. I expected PS5 to be moving in the direction of photo-realism. Very underwhelming
I am only interested in Horizon Zero Dawn 2.. I mean, Forbidden West, so far.

Gran Turismo 7 was a big want of mine but the grand reveal was pretty terrible. Trial Mountain is great but what about other tracks? Other new cars? Forza has ruined GT for me I think.
Im definitely getting ps5 all the games look great love zero dawn to
MR112314/06/2020 16:03

They all look like they could be on PS4.

To someone who doesn't know what they are looking at yes
ajholmes9314/06/2020 17:15

Console looked really nice. All games showcased looked incredibly …Console looked really nice. All games showcased looked incredibly disappointing, like current-gen graphics etc. I expected PS5 to be moving in the direction of photo-realism. Very underwhelming

Does the unreal engine 5 demo running on the PS5 not look photo realistic? Anyway games don't need to be photo realistic, the Ratchet demo was very impressive the way it instantly went from world to world. It will take developers time to work out how to get the best from the insanely fast SSD and custom hardware. Don't forget Sony have also put in loads of effort to the new custom sound hardware.
There was nothing in the reveal that made me sit up and take notice. I won't be buying one but I will say that the console design looks gorgeous. It shows that thought has actually been put in and it blows the XBO-S-X out of the water. That has to be the most uninteresting and aesthetically uninspired design for a games console ever - and I'm an Xboxer...
Underwhelming. Kicking off the show with a game that's spanned 3 generations of gaming now.
None of the games on show made me think wow. Even Spider-man didn't make me think wow, I'll get this on release. I'll probably hold back a year and see what console tickles my fancy at that point.
I've defected between the 2. Psx>PS2>Xbox 360>ps4.
Definitely getting one, only a matter of when any of Horizon Forbidden West, Gran Turismo 7 (might hold off if it’s a launch game), God of War 2, or Final Fantasy VII Remake open world release. My decision could also change if there’s a special PS2 20th Anniversary Edition of the PS5.
Edited by: "MrMaccieKFC" 14th Jun
I literally want it for the ssd and no, it’s not the same as replacing a PS4 hd with an ssd
Console peasants must have really had it tough if an SSD gets their panties wet,
"Its not just an SSD, its a Sony SSD"
Edited by: "jimhuf" 15th Jun
The launch is far better than the PS4 launch which if I remember correctly just had knack and killzone? Immediately better games from launch is exciting imo
jimhuf15/06/2020 06:06

Console peasants must have really had it tough if an SSD gets their …Console peasants must have really had it tough if an SSD gets their panties wet, "Its not just an SSD, its a Sony SSD"

You are correct it's not just an SSD, it's an SSD built for the PS5 with custom hardware that makes it twice as fast as the series X and faster than any PC. Then you have the sound engine of course, imagine what that will do for fps and BR games.
Azwipe15/06/2020 09:40

You are correct it's not just an SSD, it's an SSD built for the PS5 with …You are correct it's not just an SSD, it's an SSD built for the PS5 with custom hardware that makes it twice as fast as the series X and faster than any PC. Then you have the sound engine of course, imagine what that will do for fps and BR games.

Personally I like the look of the console and I’m sure it will preform great. But a fast ssd is good for load times but performance in game it won’t make any difference. I bought the Samsung 950 evo when it came out. 5x faster than standard ssd’s. Made no difference in real terms. Only synthetic tests. Sony just hoping the numbers on paper will sound good to the ill informed. Neither console will stack up against a top end pc but they don’t need to there less than half the price of a decent gpu..
rimalpatel00714/06/2020 16:38

Looks like a router

41098967-JrmBd.jpgI've seen this posting on eBay today, looks like you guessed correctly, a little expensive though looking at the bids
41098983.jpgEveryone saying the PS5 has more exclusives
Edited by: "mark077" 15th Jun
Bargainhead15/06/2020 11:09

Personally I like the look of the console and I’m sure it will preform g …Personally I like the look of the console and I’m sure it will preform great. But a fast ssd is good for load times but performance in game it won’t make any difference. I bought the Samsung 950 evo when it came out. 5x faster than standard ssd’s. Made no difference in real terms. Only synthetic tests. Sony just hoping the numbers on paper will sound good to the ill informed. Neither console will stack up against a top end pc but they don’t need to there less than half the price of a decent gpu..

Oh dear

Personally I like the look of the console and I’m sure it will preform g …Personally I like the look of the console and I’m sure it will preform great. But a fast ssd is good for load times but performance in game it won’t make any difference. I bought the Samsung 950 evo when it came out. 5x faster than standard ssd’s. Made no difference in real terms. Only synthetic tests. Sony just hoping the numbers on paper will sound good to the ill informed. Neither console will stack up against a top end pc but they don’t need to there less than half the price of a decent gpu..

But....... the Series X has a RTX 2080 super equivalent.... Last time I looked it was £700????
mark07715/06/2020 12:05

But....... the Series X has a RTX 2080 super equivalent.... Last time I …But....... the Series X has a RTX 2080 super equivalent.... Last time I looked it was £700????

Not equivalent at all, look at 4K gaming a top pc with a 2080ti can’t get a steady 60fps @ 4K on ultra settings and they retail over £1000 that’s what I was calling a decent card. Consoles don’t run at ultra so might manage a steady 60fps. But new gpu are released soon which will cost more and have more power so stand by my original statement..

You don't seem to understand what the PS5 is capable of, it's not just about reducing load times If you want to educate yourself on why the PS5 is so much more than a box of off the shelf PC components watch this series of videos by an ex EA game engine developer. youtube.com/wat…4F0
deleted11933
Bargainhead15/06/2020 13:23

Not equivalent at all, look at 4K gaming a top pc with a 2080ti can’t get a …Not equivalent at all, look at 4K gaming a top pc with a 2080ti can’t get a steady 60fps @ 4K on ultra settings and they retail over £1000 that’s what I was calling a decent card. Consoles don’t run at ultra so might manage a steady 60fps. But new gpu are released soon which will cost more and have more power so stand by my original statement..

Not read half the thread or anything about the consoles but read this here and somebody said they werent impressed by the graphics and were hoping towards photorealism.

In reality the new consoles will be hoping for 4k 60hz or even 120hz. Performance increases will improve frame rate etc which will be a welcome addition to people playing fast paced games..
Bargainhead15/06/2020 13:23

Not equivalent at all, look at 4K gaming a top pc with a 2080ti can’t get a …Not equivalent at all, look at 4K gaming a top pc with a 2080ti can’t get a steady 60fps @ 4K on ultra settings and they retail over £1000 that’s what I was calling a decent card. Consoles don’t run at ultra so might manage a steady 60fps. But new gpu are released soon which will cost more and have more power so stand by my original statement..

It is equivalent. Simple as that. Dont bring in Pc gaming cause noone cares. This is a 2080 super as many tech channels have also said.

Consoles don't run at Ultra? Why is Gears 5 running at 4k/60 with settings above ultra then on the Series X? Snooze
mark07715/06/2020 13:44

It is equivalent. Simple as that. Dont bring in Pc gaming cause noone …It is equivalent. Simple as that. Dont bring in Pc gaming cause noone cares. This is a 2080 super as many tech channels have also said. Consoles don't run at Ultra? Why is Gears 5 running at 4k/60 with settings above ultra then on the Series X? Snooze

It’s a current gen game?

Add ray tracing to that and there is no way you’re getting 4K60. People are going to end up disappointed next gen if they don’t calm their expectations. 4K60 is a design choice and is down to whether a developer is willing to make sacrifices to achieve it. Do not expect it on every single game.

Likewise, the PC lot in here downplaying the use of SSDs is funny. They’re literally ignoring what the devs have been saying. They’re going to be behind in load times unless something happens with consumer SSDs and MS adds some tweaks to Windows. Something like the changing of worlds in Ratchet and Clank on the fly is literally down to the SSD’s speed and the PS5s custom hardware.
Biddy215/06/2020 13:53

It’s a current gen game? Add ray tracing to that and there is n …It’s a current gen game? Add ray tracing to that and there is no way you’re getting 4K60. People are going to end up disappointed next gen if they don’t calm their expectations. 4K60 is a design choice and is down to whether a developer is willing to make sacrifices to achieve it. Do not expect it on every single game. Likewise, the PC lot in here downplaying the use of SSDs is funny. They’re literally ignoring what the devs have been saying. They’re going to be behind in load times unless something happens with consumer SSDs and MS adds some tweaks to Windows. Something like the changing of worlds in Ratchet and Clank on the fly is literally down to the SSD’s speed and the PS5s custom hardware.

The guys point was that it can't run at 4k/60 at ultra. But it will and above ultra at that. I'm expecting 120fps at 1440p tbh.
mark07715/06/2020 13:56

The guys point was that it can't run at 4k/60 at ultra. But it will and …The guys point was that it can't run at 4k/60 at ultra. But it will and above ultra at that. I'm expecting 120fps at 1440p tbh.

They meant that they cannot go toe to toe when the games are a part of the same generation. Which is true. Nvidia’s upcoming GPUs will batter the next gen consoles. As will AMDs. Gears 5 playing at Ultra on next gen hardware isn’t impressive. It’s a given.

You aren’t getting 1440p 120fps either. Not unless you’re happy with current gen graphics and below.
Azwipe15/06/2020 13:32

You don't seem to understand what the PS5 is capable of, it's not just …You don't seem to understand what the PS5 is capable of, it's not just about reducing load times If you want to educate yourself on why the PS5 is so much more than a box of off the shelf PC components watch this series of videos by an ex EA game engine developer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erxUR9SI4F0

mark07715/06/2020 13:44

It is equivalent. Simple as that. Dont bring in Pc gaming cause noone …It is equivalent. Simple as that. Dont bring in Pc gaming cause noone cares. This is a 2080 super as many tech channels have also said. Consoles don't run at Ultra? Why is Gears 5 running at 4k/60 with settings above ultra then on the Series X? Snooze

If you read my first comment I never knocked consoles. But wait for them to come out the same as the new gpu’s and independent reviews come about and you will be sadly wrong. I’m not saying consoles aren’t good for the price and they have there place. I own consoles and will get the new ones as well as the new gpu. But when the tests come out there not going to be what you all think..
Biddy215/06/2020 13:59

They meant that they cannot go toe to toe when the games are a part of the …They meant that they cannot go toe to toe when the games are a part of the same generation. Which is true. Nvidia’s upcoming GPUs will batter the next gen consoles. As will AMDs. Gears 5 playing at Ultra on next gen hardware isn’t impressive. It’s a given. You aren’t getting 1440p 120fps either. Not unless you’re happy with current gen graphics and below.

Of course the gpus are better but nothing will compete with the Series X when it comes to performance at its price. We will see what the 16 studios whip up...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants