PS5 or Gaming PC?

Posted 28th Oct
Hi

I currently have PS4 with loads of games. I’m thinking of building a gaming PC but should I just save that money and put it towards PS5? With next generation games should be hitting 60fps. I heard about 120Hz support, maybe for 1080p/1440p

what do you think?
with PC I gave to deal with 10 different launchers or so lol
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

11 Comments
It depends, what is your budget for a gaming PC and what platform do your friends play on?
Friends they play on PS4.

about £800
PS4 was the most disappointing PlayStation I have ever owned. PS2 and PS3 were the best. My PS4 sits downstairs gathering dust while I decide if I should sell it or not.
zworld28/10/2019 20:05

PS4 was the most disappointing PlayStation I have ever owned. PS2 and PS3 …PS4 was the most disappointing PlayStation I have ever owned. PS2 and PS3 were the best. My PS4 sits downstairs gathering dust while I decide if I should sell it or not.

What made it disappointing for you?
Haircut_10028/10/2019 20:55

What made it disappointing for you?

There are hardly any games on the PS4.
This is what I have played so far :
Killzone Shadowfall
AC Unity
Destiny 1
Hitman 1
AC Syndicate
COD: Infinite warfare
Prey
Nier Automata
Detroit
Ace Combat 7
KH3
zworld28/10/2019 22:42

There are hardly any games on the PS4.This is what I have played so far …There are hardly any games on the PS4.This is what I have played so far :Killzone ShadowfallAC UnityDestiny 1Hitman 1AC SyndicateCOD: Infinite warfarePreyNier AutomataDetroitAce Combat 7KH3

What on earth do you mean that "There are hardly any games on the PS4"?
There are lots of fantastic games on the PS4, there's Detroit : Become Human (which you have already played), God Of War, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Uncharted 4, Spiderman, as well as multi-format games like Red Dead 2, GTA V, Resident Evil 7, Wolfenstein II: New Colossus, Battlefield 1, etc. But to be honest though, I'd you didn't like the wide choice of games on the PS4 this generation what makes you think that you'll like the games on the PC or PS5 any better?
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 28th Oct

There are hardly any games on the PS4.This is what I have played so far …There are hardly any games on the PS4.This is what I have played so far :Killzone ShadowfallAC UnityDestiny 1Hitman 1AC SyndicateCOD: Infinite warfarePreyNier AutomataDetroitAce Combat 7KH3

Hardly any games? That is so far from the truth.
You can get 144hz at 1080p or higher on pc for years depending on game and hardware... you will spend a lot more on a pc to do this as games are not as optimised as they are on consoles due to all the different hardware. You will need to update a pc more often to keep up. Bench marks will always put pc’s ahead but when your playing a game, consoles still look as good unless you have them both set up next to each other even then it’s hard to tell with naked eye. Games are cheap on pc’s also a lot more free ones to play. You don’t need a subscription to play either....

to pc pc game to the current gen consoles level, your budget of £800 would go on a gpu, something like a 2080 super. People will say over kill just lower settings, that defeats the object of pc gaming. You may as well buy a console.

i have both gaming pc, consoles and I dare say I will buy the next gen console even tho I probably only spend less than a hour a week on games now... only you can make the choice both have good and bad points. If you can afford it get both...
Haircut_10028/10/2019 22:58

What on earth do you mean that "There are hardly any games on the PS4"? …What on earth do you mean that "There are hardly any games on the PS4"? There are lots of fantastic games on the PS4, there's Detroit : Become Human (which you have already played), God Of War, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Uncharted 4, Spiderman, as well as multi-format games like Red Dead 2, GTA V, Resident Evil 7, Wolfenstein II: New Colossus, Battlefield 1, etc. But to be honest though, I'd you didn't like the wide choice of games on the PS4 this generation what makes you think that you'll like the games on the PC or PS5 any better?

Which PS4 exclusives make the PS4 worthwhile ? Answer : Only a handful!
zworld29/10/2019 23:59

Which PS4 exclusives make the PS4 worthwhile ? Answer : Only a handful!

Rubbish.

You need to rekindle your love for the PS4 by buying and playing Bloodborne. It's over 4 years old now but it's still the best game on the system.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants