Ps5 pre order shopto

Posted 3rd Jan
What are shopto like for pre orders?

managed to get a ps5 on pre-order from them but dont know what they are like for delivering.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

15 Comments
when are they due to be released?
How much?
jg21303/01/2020 13:00

How much?

No payment taken yet, just guaranteed pre-prder. Was on their website yesterday.
I’ve always used shopto on pre order games, but never a console

that said, they are 100% reliable
OP, all ShopTo are doing is letting you "register your interest" in a PS5 console rather than actually preordering one in the usual sense. It doesn't guarantee you a console and they don't even know the price or exact release date yet (sometimes these things can have their launched pushed back a little). I wouldn't worry about anything like delivery yet as you haven't ordered anything yet and you might not even have the chance to.

39578152-AX83C.jpg
Haircut_10003/01/2020 13:56

OP, all ShopTo are doing is letting you "register your interest" in a PS5 …OP, all ShopTo are doing is letting you "register your interest" in a PS5 console rather than actually preordering one in the usual sense. It doesn't guarantee you a console and they don't even know the price or exact release date yet (sometimes these things can have their launched pushed back a little). I wouldn't worry about anything like delivery yet as you haven't ordered anything yet and you might not even have the chance to.[Image]

Nah it’s a preorder. Point 2 explains how it works further down.

39578206-HaGje.jpg
Mendoza03/01/2020 13:21

I’ve always used shopto on pre order games, but never a console that said, …I’ve always used shopto on pre order games, but never a console that said, they are 100% reliable

No they are not 100% reliable and when things go wrong they couldn’t care less. They can respond instantly to an online review to give the appearance of helping, but will ignore all contact once they have your money.
Edited by: "choccie32" 3rd Jan
Bit early to worry about
choccie3203/01/2020 14:50

No they are not 100% reliable and when things go wrong they couldn’t care l …No they are not 100% reliable and when things go wrong they couldn’t care less. They can respond instantly to an online review to give the appearance of helping, but will ignore all contact once they have your money.

I meant for me personally, they are 100%
Haircut_10003/01/2020 13:56

OP, all ShopTo are doing is letting you "register your interest" in a PS5 …OP, all ShopTo are doing is letting you "register your interest" in a PS5 console rather than actually preordering one in the usual sense. It doesn't guarantee you a console and they don't even know the price or exact release date yet (sometimes these things can have their launched pushed back a little). I wouldn't worry about anything like delivery yet as you haven't ordered anything yet and you might not even have the chance to.[Image]

Your wrong there as its a guaranteed pre order. Where it says register your interest, it didnt say that yesterday + its in my pre-orders on shopto account also it wasnt limited to one per customer.
I hope the Ps5 isn't a mess up like the Ps4 with them not having enough consoles and people having to pay double and triple on eBay. My mate paid about £600 for his Ps4 on Ebay due to him not being able to buy one anywhere.
Deleted_03/01/2020 20:07

Your wrong there as its a guaranteed pre order. Where it says register …Your wrong there as its a guaranteed pre order. Where it says register your interest, it didnt say that yesterday + its in my pre-orders on shopto account also it wasnt limited to one per customer.

But you haven't paid for the console yet and it says "Subject to allocation" and "Clicking Buy is not purchasing this console, this is just to register your interest and put a place holder pre-order".

ShopTo have absolutely no idea how many units they will receive and this is going to be an extremely high demand item with most likely very limited stock. I really hope that you get one but I wouldn't be so sure about calling it a "guaranteed" pre-order.
Haircut_10003/01/2020 20:50

But you haven't paid for the console yet and it says "Subject to …But you haven't paid for the console yet and it says "Subject to allocation" and "Clicking Buy is not purchasing this console, this is just to register your interest and put a place holder pre-order". ShopTo have absolutely no idea how many units they will receive and this is going to be an extremely high demand item with most likely very limited stock. I really hope that you get one but I wouldn't be so sure about calling it a "guaranteed" pre-order.

Like ive explained, it never said “subject to allocation” and “clicking buy” is not purchasing the console. I spoken to them and they have informed its guaranteed. I have the option to pay for the item via finance or outright once they know the unit price.
Not much point pre-ordering until Sony has the reveal event. Be plenty of time to get orders in between spring and November. Shopto would not be my first choice of retailer, or my 2nd, or 3rd.............
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions