PS5 Specs released

Posted 18th Mar
What are your first thoughts? seems to be slightly less powered than the new Xbox, but at the end of the day. The games are what matter and Microsoft seem to be way behind currently!

• CPU: AMD Zen 2-based CPU with 8 cores at 3.5GHz (variable frequency)
  • GPU: 10.28 TFLOPs, 36 CUs at 2.23GHz (variable frequency)
  • GPU architecture: Custom RDNA 2
  • Memory interface: 16GB GDDR6 / 256-bit
  • Memory bandwidth: 448GB/s
  • Internal storage: Custom 825GB SSD
  • IO throughput: 5.5GB/s (raw), typical 8-9GB/s (compressed)
  • Expandable storage: NVMe SSD slot
  • External storage: USB HDD support (PS4 games only)
  • Optical drive: 4K UHD Blu-ray drive
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

15 Comments
The comparison:
40133795-ve5T4.jpg
Bargainhead18/03/2020 19:00

Comment deleted

Think you have missed the point here. I agree it doesn't matter what console you play on, but it does if all the games you want to play are on one console and not the other!

Are you implying i'm some kind of 'Fanboy'? I had both Xbox One and PS4 at launch, i also own the One X and have 2 Xbox 360 devkits. I'm just stating facts,

The general consensus was that the Xbox had very little to offer by way of exclusives DESPITE having the more powerful console in the One X.

If you feel that;s wrong , then let's hear your opposiing viewpoint? otherwise the only fanboy comment here is yours?
Edited by: "Jace_Phoenix" 18th Mar
Now that they have both released the specs I guess we've just got to wait to find out who has managed to bag what exclusives, and if they are only time delayed exclusives or not. Don't see much point on making decisions until then, to be fair. They look close enough in specs so that exclusives & backwards compatibility will likely be the clincher for most.
Jace_Phoenix18/03/2020 19:14

Think you have missed the point here. I agree it doesn't matter what …Think you have missed the point here. I agree it doesn't matter what console you play on, but it does if all the games you want to play are on one console and not the other!Are you implying i'm some kind of 'Fanboy'? I had both Xbox One and PS4 at launch, i also own the One X and have 2 Xbox 360 devkits. I'm just stating facts, The general consensus was that the Xbox had very little to offer by way of exclusives DESPITE having the more powerful console in the One X.If you feel that;s wrong , then let's hear your opposiing viewpoint? otherwise the only fanboy comment here is yours?

Lol how did you get that from what I said?

Nothing was aimed at you. You seem a bit defensive..
PlayStation will slay, as always
I'd probably go for the cheapest or one that has got the most exclusives I'd like to play. They won't be much different from current gen tbh. The powers is only good if you're going to use it.
Always about the exclusives... which MS seem to not be bothering with.

For the foreseeable future I will stick with my PS4, Switch, X1 (for gamepass) and PC. Covering pretty much all bases.
Bargainhead18/03/2020 19:38

Lol how did you get that from what I said? Nothing was aimed at you. You …Lol how did you get that from what I said? Nothing was aimed at you. You seem a bit defensive..

I'm a bit defensive?

You responded directly to my post and my comment about the PS5 being less powerful but having more exclusives, with comments relating to that starting with 'LOL'

So who were you replying to then? it's fine to have an opinion but have the kahoonas to stand by your comments, regardless how flawed they were.
May seem like a silly question here, but what GPU is better?
Jace_Phoenix18/03/2020 20:20

I'm a bit defensive? You responded directly to my post and my comment …I'm a bit defensive? You responded directly to my post and my comment about the PS5 being less powerful but having more exclusives, with comments relating to that starting with 'LOL'So who were you replying to then? it's fine to have an opinion but have the kahoonas to stand by your comments, regardless how flawed they were.

I generalised of what happened last time and the difference this time round, nothing was aimed at you, but the subject and what will get posted. But if you are going to cry over comments don’t post. If I had aimed anything at you I would of been straight back at you after your reply with a different response. If you want to go that way that’s fine. Keep it up..
GonzoFK18/03/2020 20:28

May seem like a silly question here, but what GPU is better?

The more floppy the better... apparently.

To be honest it really doesn't matter as long as it plays 4k at 60fps+

4k still hasn't peaked so not sure why these companies are already talking about 8k as it is out of budget for most and not used at all by most consumers. I mean there are only like 40 1080p channels on TV for christ sake lol and they want to start talking about 8k? pfft. Anyway, sorry for the tangent there.
Bargainhead18/03/2020 21:10

I generalised of what happened last time and the difference this time …I generalised of what happened last time and the difference this time round, nothing was aimed at you, but the subject and what will get posted. But if you are going to cry over comments don’t post. If I had aimed anything at you I would of been straight back at you after your reply with a different response. If you want to go that way that’s fine. Keep it up..

You were making comments related to an argument that couldn't yet have happened, because the PS5 spec news is only a few hours old. So must have been related to my comments.

Also, i asked if it was me you were refering to, it was just a question.

Anyway, whatever...
The GitHub Leak was right, then? PS4 is 9.2tflops, they've increased the boost speed from 9.2tflops to 10.28tflops. basically in demanding games you'll be playing at 9.2tflops. PS5 will probably only support basic Ray Tracing at 36 CUs, Ray Tracing relies on higher CUs.

Also, PlayStation 5 wont be fully Backwards Compatible. Only 100 PS4 games confirmed to be on PS5 at Launch. Test per test basic, similar to Xbox 360 on Xbox One.

"Lastly, we’re excited to confirm that the backwards compatibility features are working well. We recently took a look at the top 100 PS4 titles as ranked by play time, and we’re expecting almost all of them to be playable at launch on PS5. With more than 4000 games published on PS4, we will continue the testing process and expand backwards compatibility coverage over time."
blog.us.playstation.com/202…cs/
Edited by: "SoloKingxRobert" 19th Mar
I heard the ps5 has an ssd
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants