PSA: Geekbuying misery

Found 4th Jan
Figured I would share my experience here to warn others about this. I know about the negative concerns regarding Chinese websites and concerns around Gearbest and others, but honestly I had never really had problems purchasing from there before. My main complaint was a customs tax receipt when receiving presents last year, but little more than that. However this year I tried buying from Geekbuying after seeing some deals on here.
I ordered some goods on black friday, who geekbuying say they have been dispatched. Got hit with a sudden £90 extra customs invoice... miserable but ok, and then receive the item and they have only sent one item. Looking back through the order, both have been requested but on further inspection their commercial invoice available after sending the package shows only 1 item. I have chased them for weeks, only managed to get some acknowledgement after calling them on the phone and their not responding to multiple emails. I am unable to chase up DHL to get the evidence needed for their "missing item" policy as they have yet not provided me with the required details to speak to DHL on the phone (they have a ridiculous automated phone system and their email system is a bunch of unhelpful fools).
So in conclusion, it cost me 90 quid more to get half the value of my order and for them to ignore me and try and screw me out of a few hundred quid. Thankfully I paid on credit card but I felt I had to write something. Lots of geekbuying offers are appearing on here and the internet has good reviews of their website but I personally think they are dodgy and a much worse customer experience compared to other sellers like Gearbest, Alibaba, Banggood and a few others. The fact that even their "live chat" simply links to their contact us page is pretty poor to begin with, let alone their abysmal contact following any issues.

Rant over, and hope this helps someone. Don't be cheated by these guys!

P.S If things improved, I will update this, but I am currently leaning towards claiming on Section 75 against this due to non-contact from this company. Hopefully this will at least get something moving!
Community Updates
Misc
11 Comments
What is section 75? I am new to teminology
Original Poster
Felicitous11 m ago

What is section 75? I am new to teminology

Credit card protection on purchases over £100
Its a shame HUKD sheep never get round to reading posts like this instead of voting Chinese seller deals mindlessly hot as they are cheap .

Sheep ! there a reason (several in fact, none of them good ) why Chinese seller deals are cheap
Edited by: "rogparki" 4th Jan
This post makes a refreshing change.

It's not the OPs first contribution.
ssimonian2 h, 34 m ago

Credit card protection on purchases over £100

ahh thank you for explaining, I always shop with paypal though not credit cards (use a debit one on paypal) so that is why I ahve never heard of 75 before i think, I appreaciate the information
I bought a phone that was advertised on HUKD. £70 apparently. Got hit with a DHL tax charge of £25 and then £12 for delivery too. Otherwise it would arrive in 2025 (or something like that).

Geekbuying has zero desire in dealing with us foreigners. Once the product is sold, to hell with us, there'll be 50 orders to replace ours - all enticing us in with the cheapest deals seen on earth. Phone doesnt work & Geekbuying is not interested. I will go through paypal. If I have to, I will go around the town highlighting a defective HOMTOM phone. But I will never buy via crappy chinese websites again. I could've saved myself so much hassle/money if I paid an extra £10 via amazon.

via paypal:

I am totally unhappy with the way I have been treated. Geekbuying sold me a totally faulty phone 2 months ago - that I haven't used - it gives me 2 bars - I live 200M from a signal mast. I get no signal after 300M from the signal mast. I cannot use the phone on any travel.
I have now bought myself a new phone - use the same SIM car from the same network and I get full 4G. I can use the phone wherever I travel.
I have been asked by Geekbuying to "send videos" and "photos". For less than £100 - they want me to jump thorugh hoops and waste even more of my time - it's been 2 months.
WHEN THEY DO REPLY, THEY REPLY 1 WEEK TO 10 DAYS LATER!!!
After sending them the video, they have said that there is no problem - as the phone made a phone call - they have ignored that it only shows 2 bars of phone coverage. I AM NOT GOING TO GO AROUND THE COUNTRY VIDEOING THE PHONES FAILURES AND COMPARING THEM. THIS IS NOT MY JOB - IT IS THE PHONES FAULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I WANT MY MONEY BACK, MY ACCOUNT CLOSED AND ALL MY DETAILS DELETED BY GEEKBUYING!!!!
SabreRat11 m ago

I bought a phone that was advertised on HUKD. £70 apparently. Got hit with …I bought a phone that was advertised on HUKD. £70 apparently. Got hit with a DHL tax charge of £25 and then £12 for delivery too. Otherwise it would arrive in 2025 (or something like that). Geekbuying has zero desire in dealing with us foreigners. Once the product is sold, to hell with us, there'll be 50 orders to replace ours - all enticing us in with the cheapest deals seen on earth. Phone doesnt work & Geekbuying is not interested. I will go through paypal. If I have to, I will go around the town highlighting a defective HOMTOM phone. But I will never buy via crappy chinese websites again. I could've saved myself so much hassle/money if I paid an extra £10 via amazon.via paypal:I am totally unhappy with the way I have been treated. Geekbuying sold me a totally faulty phone 2 months ago - that I haven't used - it gives me 2 bars - I live 200M from a signal mast. I get no signal after 300M from the signal mast. I cannot use the phone on any travel.I have now bought myself a new phone - use the same SIM car from the same network and I get full 4G. I can use the phone wherever I travel.I have been asked by Geekbuying to "send videos" and "photos". For less than £100 - they want me to jump thorugh hoops and waste even more of my time - it's been 2 months. WHEN THEY DO REPLY, THEY REPLY 1 WEEK TO 10 DAYS LATER!!!After sending them the video, they have said that there is no problem - as the phone made a phone call - they have ignored that it only shows 2 bars of phone coverage. I AM NOT GOING TO GO AROUND THE COUNTRY VIDEOING THE PHONES FAILURES AND COMPARING THEM. THIS IS NOT MY JOB - IT IS THE PHONES FAULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!I WANT MY MONEY BACK, MY ACCOUNT CLOSED AND ALL MY DETAILS DELETED BY GEEKBUYING!!!!

33251822-iIaUp.jpg
SabreRat17 m ago

I bought a phone that was advertised on HUKD. £70 apparently. Got hit with …I bought a phone that was advertised on HUKD. £70 apparently. Got hit with a DHL tax charge of £25 and then £12 for delivery too. Otherwise it would arrive in 2025 (or something like that). Geekbuying has zero desire in dealing with us foreigners. Once the product is sold, to hell with us, there'll be 50 orders to replace ours - all enticing us in with the cheapest deals seen on earth. Phone doesnt work & Geekbuying is not interested. I will go through paypal. If I have to, I will go around the town highlighting a defective HOMTOM phone. But I will never buy via crappy chinese websites again. I could've saved myself so much hassle/money if I paid an extra £10 via amazon.via paypal:I am totally unhappy with the way I have been treated. Geekbuying sold me a totally faulty phone 2 months ago - that I haven't used - it gives me 2 bars - I live 200M from a signal mast. I get no signal after 300M from the signal mast. I cannot use the phone on any travel.I have now bought myself a new phone - use the same SIM car from the same network and I get full 4G. I can use the phone wherever I travel.I have been asked by Geekbuying to "send videos" and "photos". For less than £100 - they want me to jump thorugh hoops and waste even more of my time - it's been 2 months. WHEN THEY DO REPLY, THEY REPLY 1 WEEK TO 10 DAYS LATER!!!After sending them the video, they have said that there is no problem - as the phone made a phone call - they have ignored that it only shows 2 bars of phone coverage. I AM NOT GOING TO GO AROUND THE COUNTRY VIDEOING THE PHONES FAILURES AND COMPARING THEM. THIS IS NOT MY JOB - IT IS THE PHONES FAULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!I WANT MY MONEY BACK, MY ACCOUNT CLOSED AND ALL MY DETAILS DELETED BY GEEKBUYING!!!!

You sent them a video of your phone working as intended after you told them that it didn't. Not exactly sure what you was expecting to get out of that to be honest...
Edited by: "RossD89" 13th Feb
RossD896 h, 10 m ago

You sent them a video of your phone working as intended after you told …You sent them a video of your phone working as intended after you told them that it didn't. Not exactly sure what you was expecting to get out of that to be honest...

So if you buy a new car, that manages to go no faster than 10MPH, you're happy with it? But it's working. You can see my predicament... right?
SabreRat19 m ago

So if you buy a new car, that manages to go no faster than 10MPH, you're …So if you buy a new car, that manages to go no faster than 10MPH, you're happy with it? But it's working. You can see my predicament... right?

If you were to buy a car then chances are that you would buy from a UK based retailer and would be covered, but you didn't, so not really worth bringing up.

I certainly can see your predicament though. You told them that your phone doesn't work and then sent them a video with evidence to the contrary - which I still don't understand what you expected to get out of that.
Edited by: "RossD89" 13th Feb
RossD893 h, 11 m ago

If you were to buy a car then chances are that you would buy from a UK …If you were to buy a car then chances are that you would buy from a UK based retailer and would be covered, but you didn't, so not really worth bringing up.I certainly can see your predicament though. You told them that your phone doesn't work and then sent them a video with evidence to the contrary - which I still don't understand what you expected to get out of that.

Are you thick or something? I sent them evidence that showed 2 bars of 2G signal - 200M from the signal mast. In comparison I sent a video of a new phone with 4bars of 4G signal. What part of that don;t you understand you muppet?
Why are you being argumentative?
what a loser!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants