Groups
    EXPIRED

Psion Wavefinders

Looking to buy 3 of them to broadcast radio from 3 multiplexes on my network. Any deals on 3 together.

4 Comments

Those look pretty cool, but I think they're pretty hard to find these days as they've been discontinued. I didn't know you could broadcast with them too? I thought they just received digital radio?

eBay might be the best place for these but I don't know much about them. Anyone else?

Original Poster

Paul

Those look pretty cool, but I think they're pretty hard to find these … Those look pretty cool, but I think they're pretty hard to find these days as they've been discontinued. I didn't know you could broadcast with them too? I thought they just received digital radio?eBay might be the best place for these but I don't know much about them. Anyone else?

Yes you can broadcast radio to your LAN. check with the BBC its legal as long as you dont charge for it.
    All you need is DAB Bar, they you get a nice web interface to select what station to listen to. Anywhere on your LAN.
    In our school we let the students listen to it during study time. But with only one device we can only stream one multiplex at a time.

Nice looking things, I think I remember seeing them on tv a while ago for something or other.

Oh, for reference, it will not work with service pack 2 yet. They may release and update for this, but I read here that there are issues:

uk-dab.info/wav…tml

Looking around I can't seem to find them on any online store, but there are several on Ebay going for about 20-30 a piece. Looks like that might be your only option, sorry!

search.ebay.co.uk/psi…gZ9

Hope that helps a bit.

Nick

this is on my xmas list
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767370
      2. word association Game74044538
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7191354
      4. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2461

See more discussions