psn might be pay service like xbox live

26 replies
26 Comments

Banned

They can't charge. They'd have to keep issuing refunds.

the main draw of the ps3 over the xbox is that online is free, so what would sony brag about if they made you pay

Sony have a online service?

What a load of cobblers.

if they go like 360 i will sell my ps3

Banned

Its like everything else, people will moan for a few days then pay as if its always been that way
Or possibly hack the system again

One of the reasons i got my PS3 is the free online (even if it does go down), i dont play on my console enough to justify paying to play online.

Original Poster

my debit card is register to my ps3 but i worry if it gets stolen?

Psn network will stay free accept for psn plus

Here is the reason its still down

PSN: Sony issues “emergency maintenance” warning to developers
As it appears the PSN downtime saga will last longer than a week, Sony has issued a warning to developers that it is facing an “emergency” situation.

The following is given to PlayStation developers when they sign into Sony’s developer relations site:

“PSN emergency maintenance.

“Please note that PlayStation Network is currently down for an emergency maintenance. Please hold while the issues are resolved.

“You will be unable to sign in until the maintenance is resolved.

“Apologies for the trouble.”

PSN was taken offline last Wednesday due to an “external intrusion”.

Sony has provided few updates on the matter, saying only that is rebuilding systems and warned at the weekend that its efforts in restoring the service will be “time intensive“.

It emerged last night that the outage may be the result of a firmware hack that allowed some to pirate PSN content using fake credit card numbers, although this is currently unconfirmed.

Banned

I could see this happening on the PS4, but I never seen it coming so soon.
MS make crazy money from Xbox live subscriptions.
Sony still have to find a way to recoup the losses they made with the PS3 this gen.

Sony sell consoles at a loss. As they make there profit on the games, and development tools. You have to think would a company like sony keep a console going if they where not turning over a profit

Banned

fawcett

Sony sell consoles at a loss. As they make there profit on the games, and … Sony sell consoles at a loss. As they make there profit on the games, and development tools. You have to think would a company like sony keep a console going if they where not turning over a profit

This gen the Playstation division never started turning a profit till after they released the slim.
Before the slim came out they had **** away more money on manufacturing the PS3 than they made with the PS1 and PS2 combined.

*edit*
A mistake on my part it lost more than the PS2 profited.

Edited by: "greatest666" 26th Apr 2011

how you you beleive that for a second

Your card details can be taken at anytime. Once you put your details on any system ps3 or even xbox all them details get transfered to the companys servers/ network. They dont just stay on your ps3 . You will see your details but they get stored on servers/ networks aswell
Edited by: "fawcett" 26th Apr 2011

Banned

Such an awesome point it needed to be made four times!

i dont no why it posted so many times but its doing it alot on hukd app for iphone

Edited by: "fawcett" 26th Apr 2011

Banned

Try going here in your browser instead.

if PS started charging for online id pie them off and pick up an xbox

fawcett

Sony sell consoles at a loss. As they make there profit on the games, and … Sony sell consoles at a loss. As they make there profit on the games, and development tools. You have to think would a company like sony keep a console going if they where not turning over a profit

Could you provide a link to say that Sony sell PS3's at a loss?

express15

my debit card is register to my ps3 but i worry if it gets stolen?

Use PSN cards. They are cheaper, and you can lose nothing apart from any credit you have bought from the PSN.

joeprosho

if PS started charging for online id pie them off and pick up an xbox

Custard or pork?

davver99

sony fail … sony fail http://www.shoptonews.net/2011/04/26/sony-personal-information-may-have-been-compromised/

Id rather they shut down PSN than keep it up for hackers to obtain peoples credit card info

Original Poster

davver99

sony fail … sony fail http://www.shoptonews.net/2011/04/26/sony-personal-information-may-have-been-compromised/

i am f*****

fawcett

[quote=thesaint] [quote=fawcett] Sony sell consoles at a loss. As they … [quote=thesaint] [quote=fawcett] Sony sell consoles at a loss. As they make there profit on the games, and development tools. You have to think would a company like sony keep a console going if they where not turning over a profit

When the PS3 first came out in 2006, it cost $600, and of that, Sony were losing a good couple of hundred dollars per console. Now, they are losing a little less.
Thanks to decreasing labor costs and better technology, Sony has been able to drive down their losses to a “reasonable” $18 per console. Incredibly, Sony marketers estimate that by 2011 Sony will actually be making a profit from the Playstation.

gamingbolt.com/the…ny

e PSN.

Banned

thesaint

They started making a profit on them in April last year.
digitaltrends.com/gam…ld/

Before that the Playstation division was losing billions of dollars per year.
Just google PS3 profit loss

Evry piece of profit they made on the PS2 was quickly lost after the PS3 launched.

I know for a fact that Sony will start charging users a yearly fee to pay for the added security.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604826
    2. First batch of original Xbox backwards compatible games44
    3. Wuntu codes give away11
    4. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48810992

See more discussions